Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the car for a year now and i've been reading up on which motor came in each car and what obd computer. The reason for this is my lude is a 90 si which is suppose to have the b21a1 unless it's the 2.0si. Well I was reading up on forced induction in the stickies and I read a post that said all ludes with the b20a5 have the obd0 comp. But I also read that if you have 4 wires going to the o2 sensor you have obd1 which came with the b21a1. I'm just trying to get my stuff straight. My engine code specifically says b20.
Posted via Mobile

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
I've had the car for a year now and i've been reading up on which motor came in each car and what obd computer. The reason for this is my lude is a 90 si which is suppose to have the b21a1 unless it's the 2.0si. Well I was reading up on forced induction in the stickies and I read a post that said all ludes with the b20a5 have the obd0 comp. But I also read that if you have 4 wires going to the o2 sensor you have obd1 which came with the b21a1. I'm just trying to get my stuff straight. My engine code specifically says b20.
Posted via Mobile
So where is your O2 sensor at and how many wires does it have, that will answer your question right there.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Its in front of the catalitic converted, and I believe four wires from what I saw when I had the trans out a week ago.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What can I do about tuning my computer I know there's the option of chipping it.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Yes you do have the option of chipping your ECU. My question is do you have any mods that are worth chipping thus far?
PM mottoxxman for ECU chipping services.

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
Yes you do have the option of chipping your ECU. My question is do you have any mods that are worth chipping thus far?
PM mottoxxman for ECU chipping services.
Yes pm Steve, he specializes in our area for tuning. But its not bad to go ahead and get a chipped ECU now and then get it retuned, its actually easier that route, so that you can have the nearest tuning facility just reburn a chip vs having to go throught whole process at once.

·
Registered
7,647 Posts
The original B21 may have gone south and the previous owner dropped in a B20A motor from Japan. He would simply have used the intake and exhaust manifolds from the B21. That way you can use the B21 ECU. Am I right ?

I would say he is pretty damn lucky to have this setup.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
The original B21 may have gone south and the previous owner dropped in a B20A motor from Japan. He would simply have used the intake and exhaust manifolds from the B21. That way you can use the B21 ECU. Am I right ?

I would say he is pretty damn lucky to have this setup.
yup

sounds for sure like you have an obd1 pk3 car that originally had a b21, but at some point had a b20 block and head swapped in the proper way; using the b21 intake and exhaust manifolds.
and yeah i am the ecu/tuning guy they speak of.

to give you an idea quick, a chipped ecu with a custom basemap for your specific setup is $200 shipped.
and because you have a pk3 obd1 car, you're one of the lucky ones that doesnt need a conversion harness, so you just saved $150 by having that haha.

anytime you're interested in a tuneable ecu or questions about the topic, feel free to pm me

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I think it's funny that some of yall call me luck cause of my car haveing that motor with the obd2 comp. Alright when I get me some money. But I'll prolly get one stock tuned and then do what sean said and get someone to reburn the computer go a different tune. But thanks for all of the info. I acctually knew the last 2 owners, the guy I bought the car from was a friend from school and the person he got the car from was my cousin. I bought it from my friend for 200 bucks cause it has some horrible wireong problems and the front mount was shot and the bolts had backed out of the back mount bracket.
Posted via Mobile

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
theres no such thing as stock tuned, nothing can be done with the stock ecu. hence why i sell chipped/tuneable ecu's; because you need one to be able to have it tuned at all. i set the basemap up custom to each car's setup, and especially in the case of 3g's they are very accurate, often used by my customers for months or years before actually going to get tuned. although i dont suggest waiting that long haha, as it is only a basemap, and even as accurate as my maps are, there's still room for error that has to be made up for, and the only way to know it's 100% perfect is to get it tuned in the actual car once the ecu is installed

tuned is tuned. theres no such thing as a stock tune and a performance tune. if tuned properly, it should get the best possible gas mileage, have the highest level of reliability, and the most power possible, all in one tune. if two tunes are different for the same car, than one or both are not correct; unless one is set up intentionally to be more reliable at the cost of having less power

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would prolly want it to be tuned to have the most possible power but not sacrifice the reliability
Posted via Mobile

1 - 14 of 14 Posts