Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find motor mounts for my 1990 Prelude Si. I keep ordering and having to send back some of the mounts that have been delivered. I am trying to find the engine mount nearest the driver's fender. I believe that is attached to the front of the engine. I received a DEA A4550 mount today and it was described as front of engine but it is not the correct mount. Any ideas where I can find the correct motor mount for my 1990 Prelude Si?

·
Premium Member
16,660 Posts
I'm trying to find motor mounts for my 1990 Prelude Si. I keep ordering and having to send back some of the mounts that have been delivered. I am trying to find the engine mount nearest the driver's fender. I believe that is attached to the front of the engine. I received a DEA A4550 mount today and it was described as front of engine but it is not the correct mount. Any ideas where I can find the correct motor mount for my 1990 Prelude Si?
You are looking for the front mount?
Or driverside side mount?

Just so you know, pictures can be directly loaded up to your posts now.

If you need a replacement for the B21a1 on the driver side, those are discontinued.
There is a aftermarket solution for them to keep your stock B21a1 driver side chassis braket so it bolts up.

Here is the aftermarket solution for the B21a1 driver side mount:
Mounts – Motive Force Performance

The B21a1 is the one in the upper right corner of the picture...

B21a1 driver side mount

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Sean, Thanks for the response. I have replaced three of the 4 mounts. The one I am having a hard time finding is the mount near the driver's fender. It that what is referred to as the "timing belt side" motor mount? Thanks, Gary

·
Premium Member
16,660 Posts
Hi Sean, Thanks for the response. I have replaced three of the 4 mounts. The one I am having a hard time finding is the mount near the driver's fender. It that what is referred to as the "timing belt side" motor mount? Thanks, Gary
Yes that is the driver side mount and it is discontinued.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Weird I ordered ALL of my mounts for my 89 thru Rock Auto after eBay F'ed up...... every one was a solid fit, and they DO have Drivers side motor mounts in stock....

·
Premium Member
16,660 Posts
Weird I ordered ALL of my mounts for my 89 thru Rock Auto after eBay F'ed up...... every one was a solid fit, and they DO have Drivers side motor mounts in stock....
I am talking specifically to the B21a1 driver side mount. The B20a5 driver side mounts are still available.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I am talking specifically to the B21a1 driver side mount. The B20a5 driver side mounts are still available.
So Rock Autos SOHC and DOHC selections for a 1990 Prelude are for a B20A engines specifically? Honda offered BOTH engines in 1990 for the Preludes? Now I am konfoosed...

·
Premium Member
16,660 Posts
So Rock Autos SOHC and DOHC selections for a 1990 Prelude are for a B20A engines specifically? Honda offered BOTH engines in 1990 for the Preludes? Now I am konfoosed...
Correct, I owned a 90 4WS Si model that came with the B21a1.
I currently own a Red 91 4WS Si that also came withe the B21a1 but this one was an automatic.

This one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A6529 DEA Motor Mount Front New for Honda Prelude 1988-1991
Ebay

1 - 13 of 13 Posts