Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey i wanted to start a thread to note who has the most miles on their car.

im talking original engine, and same chassis. id like to see who is king of miles

i'll start

Konvict_1: 188K miles (not KM) when i pulled the motor it still had the factory cross hatch.....should never have done that.

Im thinking BOBNOVA might be next :)

Gonna edit this....i wanna see un-rebuilt miles. orig bearings, rings and some seals. head gasket is ok.....but anyone out there on the origonal rod and main bearings and factory cross hatch still?

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
A who has the lowest miles would of been better.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I am guessing here (my speed sensor went out about 6 years ago) but it is somewhere around 250,000.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
250,000 mile motor (unopened) in a 200,000 mile chassis. (the 200,000 mile b21 blew a t-belt...after 200,000 miles)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
207k.
i think this is a better idea than who has the least amount of miles..
this way, we can learn how reliable hondas really are.

like in that chevy commercial, that mexican guy had over a million miles on his car.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
247,000 miles, original motor. still ran great when i stripped it. body was so rusted i was afraid of it collapsing while driving it, so i took everyone out that was still useable, smashed the chassis with a sledge for fun, then junked it.
the bottom end from that motor is the one i used for the build in the black 3g in the dyno comparisons thread

·
Registered
557 Posts
280,000 i just changed out the orignal b20a3 motor and trans.the motors head gasket was going bad and starting to mix oil.when the car was hot it wouldnt start back up until it cooled down because of low compression.the motor had been useing oil ever sence i got it and was up to 3 qts a week.i am sure the main bearings are shot.i had to put rod bearings in the motor 2 1/2 yrs ago.the trans was shot it would scrape the gears in most every shift.the clutch was shot allmost down to the rivets and the fly wheel was beyond machineing.passenger side cv axel was shot and the drivers side fell apart on me 1 1/2 yrs ago.

·
Registered
455 Posts
233,000 miles, pulled the engine because the wife was afraid it may break down while out in the road. I decided to put in another engine then the housing market made it a good time to buy and the Lude went on the back-burner :(

This is what I'm slipping in her.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
Current road/track car has 162k miles.
One head gasket replaced at 90k.

One of my older cars had 340k miles when I sold it about 5 years ago. Had 380k miles last time I heard. May still be going now, not sure if he got the bodywork sorted or not.
Never had any work done at all apart from usual maintenance and service stuff and a crank pulley replaced at 355k miles.

·
GPS Enabled
1,014 Posts
My '88 Si had 226,000ish before the speedo sensor quit and I drove it for almost a year after that.

My '91 SR has only 217,000km (136,000 miles) and I am replacing the original clutch this saturday. Woot.

·
Registered
449 Posts
i bet the lude with the highest miles is on a farm somewhere driven by a guy who doesnt have the internet .

off topic but in 2006 i looked at a 2005 lincoln towncar for sale that had 600,000 miles on it. the body and interior were perfect

1 - 20 of 88 Posts