Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so as yo uall know - our 5th gens are rather attractive cars- its not the everyday tuner and it honestly calls attention to many, the oppisate sex [most importantly].

but in our momnts of glory, wheather it be after we actually got it or just installed our newest part, some how, some way, something fucks up. heres a chance to tell the story lol - mine i'll never forget...i'm sure she wont either

i jsut got my 5th gen and to a girl i'd take her for a ride. mind you this was my first manual tranny so i waited til i got it down pretty good before i took her out. after about a day or so - i'm comfortable with the stick and call her up.

its rush hour traffic and we are bumper to bumper. i stall out.... i say fuck and ironically stalled out again. i wnt through this 6 times in one spot the whole time she is crying laughing and ive pissed off about 40 cars on I75

2 weeks my lude is in the shop for a new hydrolic pump - if only i knew then instead of feeling like a NOOB

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Is it just me or when you finish working on your car do you have extra parts?

I remember getting head in my car at midnight and being caught by the cops lol.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Is it just me or when you finish working on your car do you have extra parts?

I remember getting head in my car at midnight and being caught by the cops lol.

Did ya get busted? lol
Extra parts, yes. Mostly screws. :eek:h:

I'd say stalling out is the most embarrassing. Or a bad 1->2 shift. (Hey i've only been driving for a few weeks)

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
No, the cop was cool about it lol. I wasnt really paying attention to people walking up the side of the car. I nearly died when he knocked on my window with his flashlight. She zipped me up and I rolled down the window, it was foggy so the cop didnt see much. I told the cop we were talking, he thought we were smokin a joint cause of the fog on the windows lol. the cop told us to get lost, we went else where lol.
Little did I know that ~2 years later I would be working for the same cop in his land scaping company.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
o wow lol - lots of screws tho - but nice goin there lol i wulda shit myself
I hate finding "new" stuff lol.

I nearly did die. I was happy that the girl had the intelligance to hide it and zip me up. Imagine rolling down the window to talk to a cop with your dong hangin out lol. It was scary/embarrising that we got caught

·
Registered
133 Posts
Parked next to another 5g cause I thought that would be cool.

Then I noticed the plate on the other car was "GAYDAR"

·
Registered
92 Posts
just got my car and tried to show off pulling away from the honda dealership....hit a pole... had to get out and inspect it after acting an ass...i suck.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I hate it when people call it a Gaylude..

I haven't had anything REAL embarrassing,
But, I used to plow into alll sorts of things with my 3rd Gen, but only with the license plate. That thing was seriously battered, nothing else ever seemed to get touched.
I plowed into a stop sign once doing a U-turn, nobody saw though lol, license plate ate it.

My friend pushed me out into a slow but busy intersection while our light was still red once.
Again, in my 3rd gen. The rear license plate ate it that time, he had a pointy nosed buick skylark, my brakes were no match for his mighty V6.
More hilarious seeing everyones expressions than embarrassing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
just got my car and tried to show off pulling away from the honda dealership....hit a pole... had to get out and inspect it after acting an ass...i suck.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
the sag on my wings west side skirts cuz im missing the brackets. other than that nothing exciting except when i forget how low my car is and scrape my front on stuff.

·
You myron?
1,540 Posts
^lol

Worst moment was when I was at a meet for mostly muscle cars, and as I was leaving the parking lot i hit the biggest pot hole in the world goin like 30. Cracked my front right signal and destroyed my axle right in front of the meet. All I heard was BANG! "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!"

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Missing second at the track and jamming to Barbie girl with my friend while two hot babes pulled up next us ..Fail

·
You myron?
1,540 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
When I first got my lude in 99 I backed up next to this girl I was trying to hook up with in front of a convenient store. Dropped the clutch like it was out of gear (it wasn't) backed into the concrete bumper.....FAIL
Replaced my oil cooler lines last summer, didn't tighten the out line off the sandwich plate enough, went flying out of the shop parking lot, line came off, instant smoke screen, crazy mess under my car, everyone across the street at the busiest gas station around staring like......wtf! he just blowed his motor man!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
OK...
Thinking my head was blown. Had like 6 Heavy heavy racers, who build actual race cars at my house helping me with the car. Open the hood to take off my motors head, reach back, and realize my injector clip had fell off... Epic fail

At the street races a couuple years back, pull up to a green civic, pull up to the line, and stall out.

At the mall, had some chick scream hey sexi car, look back, ang hop up on the curve.

At a car show, go to start my car, my car is the next car up... Almost got an ass beatin.

And number one...
Driving the lude, my car started to smoke bad. Smoked out every car behind me... My prosport gauges screaming at me, and im letting it roll into a buddies house...

1 - 20 of 84 Posts