Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't flame me for this. I know this is PreludePower and all, but we can appreciate something of a different flavour every now and then. As some of you may know I have been restoring and modifying my 1972 Camaro for some time now. I am no where near done with it, I am about to start helping my dad on another project for his fiance.
The Camaro so far. Still working on find a new engine and transmission. I want to keep the origional engine for safe keeping.

This is the new one. I hate Mustangs but i'm sure someone here will enjoy it.

The sanding has starting on the paint. When it is all done it will be slathered in Hugger Orange and still probably have the 3spd stick and straight 6. Once its done it will probably be sold for another that is an auto with a V8.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Nice, my old neighbor did a full build on a 69 mustang when I was a kid and all he started with was a rusted frame.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nice choice. The only muscle cars I do like the mid70's Camaro and a 60's Mustang. Small bodies and big engines. Good for a straight line, but can be hell on the turns.
One of my old auto-tech had a 67 egg shell white with a 298 and an auto in it. Still had it's original 8-track deck in it.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahhh I've been wanting to see that one since I saw it in your sig. My dad was trying to buy a black one. Had a good stance, some nice wheels and had some GTO parts on it.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
yeah i wish it was a coupe but when u have people in the car its less of a crowd when u have the extra door just like how i felt like when i traded the 4 door 97 accord for the 97 lude

·
the 'lude makes me poor.
2,421 Posts
that Camaro is sexy, we can all appreciate classic cars. It doesnt matter who makes them
X2

I'd stick with putting all the time/effort/money into the camero first then move on to the mustang but if it's for his fiancée then right on, looks like a fun project.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
X2

I'd stick with putting all the time/effort/money into the camero first then move on to the mustang but if it's for his fiancée then right on, looks like a fun project.
Oh no, my dad is putting his money into the Mustang. I am just helping with the work. The Camaro is mine and I will never be done with it

·
You myron?
1,540 Posts
Very nice, my uncle and I are working on a 66 Mustang. Plans are Vista blue, 347 stroker, tremec 5 speed, and a 9 inch rear. I'll throw some pics up next weekend. And that's a really clean camaro you got and that Mustang is as well

·
Registered
455 Posts
Is he planning a factory stock or a street modified?
Stockers seem to pull more money at resale (except Shelby modesl that I don't think are stockers) I'd love to do a '66 fastback though.
Here's some pics of a '67 I helped my buddy build.
PS. I sold him the engine, it was a genuine Edelbrock built 289.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol We do not really do plans on what we build. We just got with what feels right. If you want to call is something though...showroom stock. If we don't sell it she is going to use it as a DD, hence the reason she wants an auto. That blue one is way better looking than this one is. Probably a whole lot faster too, I think my roomies old civic hatch was faster than this thing.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
GOD... I wated to start a mustang project... maybe after i move... In the meen time ima stick to my plans... Starlet!!!

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
dang. nice looking camaro man! not bad mustang either...been more a fan of the cobras when it comes to the stangs. gotta love them american V8's for just being raw power :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts