Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the moonroof from a 97-01 model will swap with the moonroof on a 92-96 model???

·
Registered
402 Posts
I was wondering if the moonroof from a 97-01 model will swap with the moonroof on a 92-96 model???
With some minor mods they can be swapped in weather you just do the glass or the whole assembly.
There are a few how to articles around search is your friend.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just want to replace my solid top with the glass one... can someone link a "how to" if there is one?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks For the links.... As soon as I can locate a 5th gen moonroof, I will let you know how it turns out...

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Good luck. It's a really nice mod imo, it is also fairly easy. I found mine on ebay for a somewhat decent price I think.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I think I found a moonroof localy, and the guy only wants $100.00 for it... I told him he could have mine when I was done with the mod, and he laughed at me...lol
I was gonna try a salvage yard, and see if I could get one cheaper...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does any one have any pics they could post of the mod after???

and also.... Boomoto.. That's a sweet looking 4th gen bro:thumbs-up::thumbs-up:...

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
This is the worst part about not using the entire assembly. You can see the bolts and brackets that hold the roof on. I've been trying to think of something that could cover that up, but it's not a huge problem right now.

Here it is on the outside:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it looks sweet...

Are you gonna put the rubber headliner ring back on the inside to cover the edge?

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Yea, it's been on for a while. That's an old picture from when my car was still gray. The rubber lining still doesn't completely cover the bolts. I'll take a pic of how it currently looks tomorrow if I remember.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
does anyone have a moonroof for sale, or know where to get one for around $150.00?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys.... how we doing?

I found a moonroof in a Sacramento,CA salvage yard for $100.00... If anyone near this area wants to find parts for his/her car, pm me and I will give you the number.

Will be getting it next payday, and installing it. Sweet deal... :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will also post pics of the mod with good descriptions when I do the conversion...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yea, it's been on for a while. That's an old picture from when my car was still gray. The rubber lining still doesn't completely cover the bolts. I'll take a pic of how it currently looks tomorrow if I remember.

I wanna see it. I'm planning on doing this mod soon. =D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts