Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem. I don't have a job and am running out of money to pay my bills. I have enough for 2-3 months still but after many many job applications and no responses I'm starting to worry. I figured you all could help me decide whether or not to sell my car parts. Ever since I got my lude I've scrounged and searched and fought to find every JDM part I could. From the Honda Access Suspension, 3-Spoke wheel w/ cruise control, to the rear ashtray where no one ever sits or sees. I'm only missing the rarest of the rare and those stupid expensive door sills that people will scratch up for $600. lol I kept all my original parts in the event I'd ever sell my baby, whether I got tired of it or just wanted to upgrade I planned for the future of resell. Easily selling everything would get me ~$5000 but there's the downside of I'd hate myself and my car after going through all that and not be able to refind things or at least at the same price. I love my car and take pride in it but I just don't know what to do. So bottom line is should I put it back to stock or should I wait it out and hope for the best? I wanna wait but I think I just need the encouragement. Thank you all.

P.S. This is not a buy my stuff thread...do NOT send me offers on anything. If I decide to sell things it'll go where it should. And even saying this I know SOMEONE will PM me but oh well.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
I'd wait it out before starting to sell parts. Especially rare parts. If all else fails, you could probably get a job at Micky D's

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
You are in the exact boat as me. I had money to last me for a couple months but i am out now and owe people money and living with me dad. I might even have to give up me car because i cannot afford the payments.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I would wait another month or so and see how the job hunting goes. If you don't get anything by that time then I would consider selling it or parting some of it out. In the end I would take care of myself before my car.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
if you do have to start selling parts, start with the stuff that would be easy to get later...my two pence

·
Registered
204 Posts
Looks like we're all on the same boat, man. I graduated college last May and i still find it challenging finding an occupation. My car insurance is due next month, and to top it all off, i got into an accident last Sunday, which wasn't even my fault but is being disputed anyway!

Personally, i'd still wait it out. If it gives you any comfort, at least you're not alone in this.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Gotta do what you gotta do. If it means you keeping your head above water and not going under, you'll regret not selling things. As hard as it may be to let things go, especially things you worked very hard for, its just a car. It is an inadamit object and it will never love you back.

If you can't find a job anywhere, don't go into debt for a car. Its harder to get out of debt than it is to get in. Be careful, its not worth it.

My 0.2
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Just like what was said earlier, wait until you can't wait anymore and sell the parts that are easier to find again. In the end... it's just a car and not worth getting into owing money to people.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Thats a lot to work for and find later man. You may want to just go into desperate mode and apply everywhere you can find. Every mc'd-s in town(I live in small town). Wall-mart, the most stereo-typed places ever, it doesn't matter. I agree with a few of those above, when it comes down to it, it's just a car, it can't give you any love back, or help you out, other than giving you rides, and most midsize+ cities have mass-transit sytems for that. Finding a jo right now is tough, but they are still out there, keep lookin. Good luck.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dont do it man, that's your pride, your hard work and your baby, just keep looking for job and you'll find it. If u live in Houston, I'll absolutely hook u up to my job, it's easy money
nope im up in pa but thank you anyway.

if you do have to start selling parts, start with the stuff that would be easy to get later...my two pence
good point, ill most likely take that advice. btw ty for the 2 pennies i need them lol.

Wait until you HAVE to sell. The suspension is pretty hard to come by and you might not be able to find one again. If you have to sell leave the suspension for last.
yea the suspension i just got not too long ago when i was doing better. after that i decided no more parts for the car that require someone else to take them off.

thank you all so far.

·
Registered
789 Posts
just go around town and look in the newspaper and go talk to the managers. Tell them your situation and try to start saving money. I really don't understand why someone would put their well-being above a damn car. A prelude is a prelude which is an inanimate object which is only worth as much as the value you put into it. You can always buy another car but you need to make sure you take care of yourself first. Just wait another month or so. I'd go to a plasma center and donate some plasma if you aren't afraid of needles. Its some good money. You can make about $300 a month working only about 3 hours a week which is about $60-65 a week. Hard times come for everyone. Just wait it out and things will go on the up and up when you get your priorities straight. Good luck man.

If all else fails, you can try to get a credit card and put some of the your bills on it. Don't max it out but put enough to where you can afford to pay the monthly payments. Just be smart about it.

·
Premium Member
5,227 Posts
Well, kinda all depends what you do for a living if I might ask?

Any job is better than no job at all.

·
Registered
852 Posts
M feeling ya, I had to sell stuff off my lude also. That's y M selling it.
U can be a hooker if u need the cash badly!
Posted via Mobile

·
iamNOTerator
5,945 Posts
in the end their just car parts, although I agree with pretty much everyone to hold on to the parts because we all know we would do the same if we had them haha. But if it REALLY comes down to a roof over your head vs car parts, ditch the parts, you would loose them eventually if youre that badly into debt.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts