Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been used fully synthetic Mobil 10w-30 and today i decided to changed to fully synthetic Royal Purple for the first time. It's make any different?

·
Registered
446 Posts
the royal purple will better withstand the heat of our engines and help reduce the wear and tear. AS LONG AS YOU HAVE BEEN USING SYNTHETIC. If not, the synthetic will eat right through your seals.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
Is RP a better oil? Probably.

Will it make a difference? Probably

Will you be able to tell a difference or will it make your engine last longer? No.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
^ive used it a few times and never noticed a diff... stay with mobil

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
10W-30? Why.. read the article in my sig.... Learn about oil, not the marketing by the oil companies.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
You should be running 0W-30 not 10W-30. Period.

Im using German made Castrol Syntec 0W-30 with an amsoil synthetic oil filter. Working great for me.

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
unless the car is fully built and spends all the time on the track type thing...your just wasting your money. just stick with the mobil conven/synthetic, which ever the car been using most of its life and w/e weight is appropriate for your area. read that article in rearviewmirror's thread if you can...good stuff

·
Registered
175 Posts
unless the car is fully built and spends all the time on the track type thing...your just wasting your money. just stick with the mobil conven/synthetic, which ever the car been using most of its life and w/e weight is appropriate for your area. read that article in rearviewmirror's thread if you can...good stuff
uh, from reading that article you should come to the conclusion 0W-30 is best for all areas in our car.

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
uh, from reading that article you should come to the conclusion 0W-30 is best for all areas in our car.
well. the way i see it on that is oil has been overly played on. i dont see why you just dont put in the engine what the oil caps say to use. my car has had mobil 1 5w-30 conven in it its whole life. 1997 w/ 165k on it. never had any problems.

i think for cars that are DD's and dont see track time, that its fine to use what the cap says to use and a good brand. but if the car sees track time, then its time to "upgrade" your oil or w/e it is you want to call it

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
You should be running 0W-30 not 10W-30. Period.

Im using German made Castrol Syntec 0W-30 with an amsoil synthetic oil filter. Working great for me.
^^Too thin in my opinion, especially on a high mileage motor. OE weight in 5w-30 is what works just fine and unless you have extensive engine wrench time then you wont notice a difference at all between Mobil and RP.

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
^^Too thin in my opinion, especially on a high mileage motor. OE weight in 5w-30 is what works just fine and unless you have extensive engine wrench time then you wont notice a difference at all between Mobil and RP.
well said. thats what i was trying to say lol. couldnt have put it any better

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Not to mention royal purple has been dyno proven to increase hp

gawd for some reason that sounds so ricy. Nothing personal..but*lol*Dyno proven on what? A 500 hp zo6 corvette or a n/a stock honda civic? I've got a friend who's using very thick royal purple in it's pretty much stock accord and his car has a hell of a time cranking over cuz it's so thick. He's getting all kinds of dummy lights. But swears its adding hp. I just laughed. Fucking full synthetic is full synthetic. IT's not like any one you are driving 500hp built h22 motors....that require 10 dollar per qt oil.

Use the weight recommended by your manufacturer! My friend puts in like 10w-40 royal purple in his accord. The guy is a tool and a ricer. He'd rather pay nearly 10 bucks a qt for some stupid magaizine advertised oil vs mobil 1 or quaker state that will give you nearly the results. There's a difference between fully and non synthetic oils. I noticed that. But ive used mobil 1, quaker state and gtx and it's been all the same. I just wanna smack fools who say "IT GIVES ME MORE HP!" ..just stop. These are the same tools that buy octane boosters and shit in their gas and claim it ads hp cuz its race fuel. Such ricers.

Bottem line, why in hell would you use anything other then what the manufacter tells you to use. You do for everything else!

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
I mean honestly...purple tanks? Is this place real? Does the joker run this place?! When will the madness stop! They are up there with greddy's own "special oil". Let's say there magical oil is the real mccoy. I mean it's pretty useless your pushing several hundred HP like the muscle car there showing in the video. Your waisting your time and money with this garbage. Just stick with gtx,mobil 1 or quaker state.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts