Honda Prelude Forum banner

581 - 600 of 625 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Your Lude looks great on the white wheels. And the Monte Carlo looks really good too man.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
we are quite the wheel whores man....

but yeah i dig your style too. What model are your works? VS XX or whatever seems to pop in my head when i look at them.

They look a lot like my Meisters but the lips are different.

Whats new with the engine build? i cant wait to get mine for the 3g, dropped off at a shop for cleaning and honing. so i can get this bitch of a build started for real.

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #584
we are quite the wheel whores man....

but yeah i dig your style too. What model are your works? VS XX or whatever seems to pop in my head when i look at them.

They look a lot like my Meisters but the lips are different.

Whats new with the engine build? i cant wait to get mine for the 3g, dropped off at a shop for cleaning and honing. so i can get this bitch of a build started for real.
They're 5-spoke Work VS wheels, kind of hard to come by actually. They're a 5-spoke design, but they're quite different from the Equips and the Meisters if you look closely. I could sell them to fund my motor build... but my heart keeps talking me out of it. :?

The engine build is at a stand-still until I can make up my mind on what I want to do.

I'd love to get my filthy paws on a Jackson Racing supercharger setup, and then buy a complete, low-milage H22A4 swap and just go that route.

But then there's the option of buying an F23 motor from the local junkyard, building the spare H22 head I have, and then building an all-motor monster.

And then there is option 3. Sleeving my extra H22A4 block, building it to slightly-better-than-OEM-specs, and then finding a supercharger.

I can't make up my mind on what I want to do. I may just buy a complete, lower-mileage swap and toss it in the car and drive it.

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #585
So, it's official. After pounding my skull for the last week for ideas, and playing WAY too much Forza and racing a supercharged Prelude... I'm on the hunt for a Jackson Racing supercharger.

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #586
I caved last week. And now I have another set of wheels. They're a set of pre-Gotti Etoile 455's, and they'll be up for sale this spring. I'm open to offers now, if anyone is looking for a set. PM is the key for details. :)

Here's one that I re-polished. The bolts are out for re-coating, and the wheels can be forward mounted or reverse mounted. As shown here reverse-mounted, they have a higher offset.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
There's def. A dude selling a jrsc for 2,000. Looks mint and complete from what I can't tell.

Pm me if you are interested and I'll hook you with the link.

I like them wheels. They really look like older equips.

How'd you go about polishing them, as I'll be needing to do the same after I find something else to roll on.

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #588
There's def. A dude selling a jrsc for 2,000. Looks mint and complete from what I can't tell.

Pm me if you are interested and I'll hook you with the link.

I like them wheels. They really look like older equips.

How'd you go about polishing them, as I'll be needing to do the same after I find something else to roll on.
$2000 is a bit more than I can afford to spend at the moment, but thanks for the heads up. :dontgetit:

Everyone thinks these look like Equips, which is comical to me, because I think they look nothing like them. :lol: A lot of work went into polishing them. Started with 1000-grit paper, then worked my way up to 3000-grit, then a whole fuckload of polishing.

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #592
Holy late updates batman.

I put my Recaro in a few weeks ago with custom seat rails I made, using Civic EK rails from both the passenger and driver's side:

I cleaned up and painted my trunk:

Raised my car from this height:

To this height:

I bought some drag radials with 2 passes on them for racing. They're 205/45R16's, so that should help with my 60' times quite a bit. :) I plan on throwing these on my OEM blades for now.

I put my Euro-R intake manifold on with an ITR throttle body, my car seems to love being able to breath a little better. I still need better pics, I know...

I'm debating a new exhaust setup, utilizing my Mugen header- but it's only a 2.25" collector, versus my current 3" collector...

And, as always, there is another project I've been working on. :lol: Hopefully this will be done this summer, and make some sub-10-second passes.

My girlfriend/soon-to-be-fiance has been a huge supporter and help along the way...

Well, most of the time. :) Hopefully I'll have a fat, juicy update for you guys soon. I've been keeping busy lately, and I'd love a nice N/A monster by this time next year...

Stay tuned...

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #593 (Edited)
I haven't updated this in FOREVER.

So, here's a quick update.

Here's the old rear toe arms that came out :| These were supposed to be straight.

And the slew of parts I threw at it. Hawk pads, new lower ball joints, new rear sway bar mounts, and new bushings.

I settled the ride height at a good cross of comfortable and low, so I threw some Bridgestone RE760's on the S2000 wheels and got it back to this. I enjoy thrashing the car every day around corners and shit, instead of just babying it around when it was so low.

Replaced my blown-out flexpipe with a new stainless piece, and had to patch 4 other random leaks from being so low. I cracked a muffler open, blew out the flex pipe, and managed to wear a 1"x2" gash into my rear 90* bend. Much, much quieter and better sounding now.

Then I took off my lip kit to get the car aligned. This is the first time the lips have been off my car in a year.

I put the stock side skirts on it and cleaned up the OEM rear lip, so now it looks like this. I'm keeping my wanna-be Mugen skirts off to avoid them getting sandblasted with all the rain we have here during the fall.

And then I came across this little gem for $40...

It was rough when I got it, but after some heat and massaging, I got it back to looking pretty good. I had to warm up the section that held the wrong-sized 5" filter, and massage all the wrinkles in the carbon. Then, I had to spend some time getting the fold out of the intake side of the pipe- apparently, the previous owner cranked down on it with a hose clamp to get it to fit his stock Integra throttle body... idiot. With a little heat and some glue, I got it back to where it needed to be. A little elbow grease and some wax and grease remover to take off the old tape residue, and Ta-dah! A $300 intake tube for $40.

And that's pretty much all there is for now.

Assuming I get all the details and payments out of the way for the wedding, I'll probably keep collecting motor parts for next spring. I bought another head to build, and have all the valvetrain components- I just have to save up a little while longer and build up the H22 block I have now. :)

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #596
its been 7 months! Any updates?
Sadly no, it's still sitting in storage right now. :frown:

Yeah, what's going on with this pile? :troll:
We bought a house a few weeks ago and our closing date is coming up, plus the wedding is this September. Things have been crazy, and I've got no where to put the car while I'm not driving it. Instead of taking it out and leaving it outside at my parents house (where it will basically be left to the elements), I've decided to keep it safe until we get our house, or I have a place to keep it.

I bought an M3 last fall, and I got it out of storage before the Prelude because it was more practical for daily use. So, this is what I've been getting used to:

I've been thinking about the Prelude a lot these past few weeks. I love driving my M3, but there's something about the Prelude that I miss. Call me crazy, but I miss pounding around in it.

I'll be sure to update this once it makes it's return appearance to the roads. :)

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #597
And two weeks later, I break and go get it out again. :rofl:

I put my winter car in storage in it's place, so now I have two cars I can enjoy during this awesome weather.

So I bought it home, gave it a bath, and then drove it to work this morning. Tomorrow night it's getting fresh fluids and a potential wheel change, I haven't really decided yet.

It's amazing what happens when you don't drive a car for 7 months.

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
Just wanted to post about your collector on the Mugen. The more I have learned about collector design, the more understand why moving to such a large collector does not help but could possibly hurt.

The 10sec all motor guys run smaller than 2.5" (on 4-1) collector chokes. Ill be running 2 3/8" on my next setup. If you want it to go to 3" to mate your exhaust run a 2.25 > 3 megaphone at about 18" long. This will give it a better transition and allow the collector to do its job.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #600
Just wanted to post about your collector on the Mugen. The more I have learned about collector design, the more understand why moving to such a large collector does not help but could possibly hurt.

The 10sec all motor guys run smaller than 2.5" (on 4-1) collector chokes. Ill be running 2 3/8" on my next setup. If you want it to go to 3" to mate your exhaust run a 2.25 > 3 megaphone at about 18" long. This will give it a better transition and allow the collector to do its job.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Very cool, I've talked to a few of the local high-horsepower N/A guys and they've said similar things. Most said scavenging wouldn't be affected too much if I keep the transition smooth and more drawn-out. Thanks, Blake.

581 - 600 of 625 Posts