Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hy fellows !!!!

I'm newbie here and i'm from Brazil ... Please sorry about bad english ...
I recently bought a MF-204 Mugen here in Brazil , some parts are missing like
alternator , mainfold ... I will post some pictures here and i'd like your help ..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/luciano_lopes/

I don't know what to do ...
Put this Mugen engine on my CRX ( Del Sol ) or use the B20 Block and B16a Head with one Jackson Racing Supercharger .....

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
That's a B20A mugen engine? Sorry if I sound stupid I've never heard of this. If it's anything like a normal b20A engine a b16 head won't fit on it without some major machine work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much did you pay for that? Any info on how to order one. E-mail me.
I've bought on Mercado Livre ( something like EBAY here )
I was thinking to sell it ... but this one ( Has no Price ) ... it's very rare and i don't know how much to send to USA ...

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
I would say you at least would need the intake that came with it to make it worth your while. If you can find the right buyer state side it be worth more to sell it, then trying to swap parts to fit it. You could try to sell it on ebay usa. That is an original b20a block not a b20z. Swap wont work.

If you part it out, I'd like to get the dry sump and valve cover.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would say you at least would need the intake that came with it to make it worth your while. If you can find the right buyer state side it be worth more to sell it, then trying to swap parts to fit it. You could try to sell it on ebay usa. That is an original b20a block not a b20z. Swap wont work.

If you part it out, I'd like to get the dry sump and valve cover.
I've payed here in Brazil something like $ 4.300
And i belive that's ok for a rare engine

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
in brazillian reais is r$ 10.000,00
Okay, I understand now r$ 10,000.00 if write the way we understand it. So you paid $4,300 US with the decimal it made me think you paid R$9.5111.

Without the actual intake throttle bodies I think you might have spent too much for what you want to do. You'd be better off putting that motor in a prelude then trying to make a vtec head fit that motor. No one who has done the swap got it to work correctly. Just think of that motor as bing a super b20a5.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, I understand now r$ 10,000.00 if write the way we understand it. So you paid $4,300 US with the decimal it made me think you paid R$9.5111.

Without the actual intake throttle bodies I think you might have spent too much for what you want to do. You'd be better off putting that motor in a prelude then trying to make a vtec head fit that motor. No one who has done the swap got it to work correctly. Just think of that motor as bing a super b20a5.
I will try to sell on ebay ...

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
I don't understand why anyone would buy that engine then immediately try to change it into something else.

Pure waste of a good engine IMO.
Tantamount to sacrilege.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
I will try to sell on ebay ...
Make sure you put a reserve to protect your investment. I think the best you'd get for is $2,000 US. It will be worth more if you can store it and try to sell it a few years from now. GOOD LUCK!!! Also list as a prelude b20a mugen motor when you sell it on ebay.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dont know how much this thread will help you, but it should give you an idea of what you really have.

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291453

I saw it ...

Let me tell you ...

I want to do a CRX VTI ( DEL SOL with B16a3 ) i found this engine MF-204 and thought that would be a great engine but i've bought a JR for b16 too ....
So i want to know what is best to do ...
So if you can help me ...

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
I saw it ...

Let me tell you ...

I want to do a CRX VTI ( DEL SOL with B16a3 ) i found this engine MF-204 and thought that would be a great engine but i've bought a JR for b16 too ....
So i want to know what is best to do ...
So if you can help me ...
Sell the motor to get money for b16a3 then. You probably can get a brand new half block for abut 2.000,00 to 3.000,00 hear in the Us. Heck if that is all you want. I'll find a used one so we can trade.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts