4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to decide: Megan stainless headers or DC ceramic headers?:jehon:
which ones are better and why?
I wish I could get the DC stainless but they cost 2 much $$$

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Well, IF you had to decide between the two, i guess megan. But becareful. My bro had a megan stainless for his specv and it cracked around the welds. For a header, especially on a prelude, unless your getting something like hytec, kamakzie, custom, which range from 500-1k+ usually, then you may as well stay stock. The benefits from header setups such as megan or dare i say ..DC, is minimal at best. It's not worth the money you'd be spending on them. I've learned over the past, that some things i shoulda waited, saved and got something that was worth the money for the benefits. But you live and learn! :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
This has been discussed over and over again on this forum.

But to recap:

No bolt-on aftermarket header will make any significant gains on the H22a motor other than custom headers that run 700$ or more.

However, out of the cheaper bolt-on options DC is probably the better of the two. The more recent DC Header model features a 2.5" collector which is not found on the Megan as of yet.

Get the DC with the 2.5" collector, get a high flow catalytic with 2.5" inlet/outlet, and mate it to a 2.5" exhaust. Tune it and then you may see some more appreciable gains.

There are also copies of the higher priced custom headers floating around for about 400$, but buying a knockoff will ruffle some feathers here in the ethics department. I personally don't like the idea of paying for a knockoff that cost 40$ to make and is selling at a 1000% markup at the expense of someone else's R&D.

·
Registered
387 Posts
DC will get you about 17whp.

Megan will get you about the same.

Ok, I cant say that with a straight face. hah. But seriously. leave it stock.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
lol If you want a DC with a 3" collector PM me

·
Registered
172 Posts
unless if maybe ur dp is dented? if you dont wanna go crazy with a new header then it might be worth it to go with a generic header...and by that i mean ebay's <100 bucks

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
No bolt-on aftermarket header will make any significant gains on the H22a motor other than custom headers that run 700$ or more.
The JDM headers make power. They obviously don't make power like a custom one but, they're better than the USDM bolt on ones.

But yeah, stay away from the cheap headers, especially OBX.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
well if between the two i say megan & do a 2.5 collector mod to it & itll still be cheaper than the dc & in my opinion roughly the same "power" gain lol.your not gonna see much of a diff. besides it looks better then stock.i would only get it if you have an exaust leak in the stock header like myself & need something to stop sed leak for the next couple months-year while i build my motor for boost.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Most of the low cost headers all come pre-made from china. Small name brands than take those headers and slap a label on them.

I say this, because, its pretty much true. Someone is trying to get me to buy a shippment of headers from China, that resembles the megan and dc headers, as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts