Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I really need to calm down w/all this racing)

Anywayz, this afternoon, im cruising back home.. I come to an intersection when i notice weird lookin tails... I get closer only to realize its a Shelby GT 500 EXACTLY like the one on "gone in 60 sec's".... Same paint, rims, EVERYTHING! Im sitting at the intersection in awwe because of whats next to me... And the driver looked like some 40yo caucasian guy...

Light turns green, and we both cruise off to the next light.. Which is a onramp turn...

Well, the light turns green, and we both go calmly... Once we're straight i give it full throttle... He didnt... So im in 4th at about 60mph and i see him coming up fast!!! SO i drop to third and we're going... He's on my tail until the lanes opened up... He got over and... Bye-bye!!! I look at the ODO only to see me at 5,200rpm's at about 115-120 in 4th and he's already about 4-5 cars ahead... :eek:mg:

I caught back up and gave him a BIG:emthup: !

Im not at all shocked i got dipped on by him, but that i even SEEN one in real life! That car was Beautiful! Wish i coulda talked to him, and seen it up close!

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
bro c'mon man. your like 1-2 in this eclipse.... I have a better winning percentage in my ranger lol. Well just kidding. I'm like 1-6.

I give you props for not punking out Soulja. I wouldn't have punked out either.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Well i'll say your lucky to see on of those Mustangs, I love those old school 'stangs. I bet it sounded mean as hell

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
damn bro sounds like you had a hell of a time...you need to start keepin a damn camera in your acr for occurances like that...it would have been nice to see some pics but i guess you will remember this for the next tim you see a badass car...

·
iHeart iVTEC
3,933 Posts
it prolly would've been more fun with a strong running starion rather then the eclipse, still sweet tho!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
one of those Gt 500's sold on the bradford auto auction for $150,000 it was in perfect condition... it was amazing

·
Registered
848 Posts
I raced a 99-01 Cobra. I thought I would own them as they are turds from the factory. It was then at the light that I heard the sickly whine of an SC. Rolled the window down and asked the guy whats up...he said 505 whp heads/cams/SC. Next light we ran it. He was behind me, but I nailed it anyways and he stuck to my bumper till the bottom of my 3rd gear. Then he moved into the then cleared left lane and FREIGHT TRAINED by me. Honorable death. Props on yours!

·
Registered
17 Posts
N/Apower said:
I raced a 99-01 Cobra. I thought I would own them as they are turds from the factory. It was then at the light that I heard the sickly whine of an SC. Rolled the window down and asked the guy whats up...he said 505 whp heads/cams/SC. Next light we ran it. He was behind me, but I nailed it anyways and he stuck to my bumper till the bottom of my 3rd gear. Then he moved into the then cleared left lane and FREIGHT TRAINED by me. Honorable death. Props on yours!
Sounds like what happened to me, was feeling good and NAILED it from a light, 99-01 cobra rode my bumper until the left lane was clear...then he BLEW by me...found out it was H/C/aftermarket SC and made 505 whp....back to the drawing board

CLICK BEFORE POSTING: http://www.linuxbench.org/Posting.html

thought it might be you..

·
TT driving lude fan
1,171 Posts
thats awesome! would love to have heard how it went with the starion too though! im sure it wouldnt have been as bad. :wink:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah.. but I gaurantee you.. When im done with the rebuild... I wont be over 300hp... maybe at, or near.. My manifold is mainly whats holding it back.... I need to mod my entire Intake manifold... maybe about $1200+ with a fuel management system...?
But then id be capable of 400hp+ ;)

That's my plan for christmas!

for right now... im content with a reliable 300hp by june :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts