Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my buddy have been wanting to race each other for a few weeks now. So last night we just randomly decided to go out to our spot and make a quick run.
Right when we get out there it starts to VERY lightly sprinkle. We both heat up our tires a little bit, still a ton of grip on the road. Flagger gets us lined up and points to see if we are ready. He raises his hands and drops them and we are off. Decent launch considering the conditions and we are right next to each other, he starts inching away from me after the 2nd gear shift. Bam, i yank 3rd and the pulling ceases for a split second then he starts slowly inching on me again. We shut down at ~100 and i was right at his rear bumper.
We decided to make a run on the way back. Roads were a little bit worse. We launch, both of us are spinning, grab 2nd gear...spin...spin...traction. yank 3rd and shut down right before 4th gear. We were dead even that whole run.

his mods:
DC2 with B17 engine (stock internals) and b16 tranny.
Generic i/h/homefab exhaust ( 2 short resonators and a turn down = loud :shock:)
Crome Pro Tuning
no PS, AC, CC
partially stripped interior
He ran 13.5 on drag radials so thats a very high 13, low 14.

5th Gens Represent

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Nice. And you still only have boltons + the JDM H22?

Maybe NA Preludes can do something after all. That's getting close to stock STi or EVO 8 traps, which is nothing to be ashamed of.

·
Registered
848 Posts
101 @13.5= NICE launch and GOOD driver, in a FWD thats Awesome!!! If you hung that well, you are doing pretty good, props!

·
Registered
160 Posts
What is the difference between the engine in a prelude and a Civic? I would think IF they are both I4's then the civic would own.

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Blue01 said:
Nice. And you still only have boltons + the JDM H22?

Maybe NA Preludes can do something after all. That's getting close to stock STi or EVO 8 traps, which is nothing to be ashamed of.
bolt ons + JDM h.

not even completely tuned yet. I beat another lude by 1.5 cars who trapped 96.8mph

TopEndLude said:
^^^agreed

So when are those ITB's getting done?
They got sent off to me yesterday. Tracking number says they will arrive on Friday. :smilejap:

2 Fasst ss said:
Would these cars require a turbo to break 13's?
no way, buddy of mine went 13.4 IIRC in a 5th gen on slicks with a stock h22 block and built head. (the silver blacktrax car, natalies brother)

2 Fasst ss said:
What is the difference between the engine in a prelude and a Civic? I would think IF they are both I4's then the civic would own.
who's talking about civics?

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
2 Fasst ss said:
huh? Elabarate a little for me:tongue:

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
prelude is a JDM 2.2L 11:1 compression. the teggy is 1.7L gsr with little to no torque. Not saying hondas have a shit load of torque lol.

·
Registered
513 Posts
2 Fasst ss said:
Interesting. Could you drop that motor in one onf the smaller cars (ie Civic, Integra?)
can't speak for integras,
but i know quite few drivers who'll drop an h22 into a civi hatch, turbo/tune the engine and own at the track,
search on this site, i know theres some sick pictures of h22 civics that have been posted, maybe a video or two also

edit:
http://hondamarketplace.com/zerothread?id=1468564
/\ 10.2 SEC H22 CIVIC AT 144MPH!!!

·
The Good Stuff
3,587 Posts
N/Apower said:
101 @13.5= NICE launch and GOOD driver, in a FWD thats Awesome!!! If you hung that well, you are doing pretty good, props!
Yeah definately. My launching is so inconsistant it's not even funny :oops:

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
10.6:1

TopEndLude said:
prelude is a JDM 2.2L 11:1 compression. the teggy is 1.7L gsr with little to no torque. Not saying hondas have a shit load of torque lol.
the teggy has a b16 tranny, so the gears are really short. He also has a mixture of ACL and OEM bearings on the bottom end with perfect specs. He said when he was done putting it all back together, he could spin it by hand.

2 Fasst ss said:
Interesting. Could you drop that motor in one onf the smaller cars (ie Civic, Integra?)
they have been put in dc2's

1 - 20 of 26 Posts