Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres the car
tell me what you think, im goin to go look at it tomorrow or the day after.
why?
my daddoesnt trust my car (even though its very dependable)
and is willing to helpme get somthin newer,
and im sure by 'newer'he meant less the 10 years old, but im too stubborn to leave the 4 gens before i can actually mod one!!
so just thought id share and hopefully get some opinions,
ill definitly be talkin him down on the price too !!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
yeah, you can talk the price down prolly...

Besides that, it looks pretty nice! Im sure it has some maintanance needed but, hey....

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
average for a 95 would be 140,000 kms,
so that cars right there, not too many, but still not super low

and if there is any engine maitenence needed, any body damage or major rust, i wont be buying it, but im keepin my fingers crosssed for when i go see it

·
Registered
111 Posts
that's really a clean lookin lude but 4 8,200 talk this guy down! other than that pick it up

·
Registered
180 Posts
DEAL or No DEAL??

WEll ask if he has ever put a timming belt or chain or water pump in it!!!

Look real good for the wheel well rust, and yes he can come down on the price for sure!!! Looks nice though!!

LET US ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, i know alot of you think 8200 is alot, and usually it is, but in alberta, reludes are alotmore hard to come buy, and this is actually one of the cheapest ludes availible,

and i went to go see it today, exterior was in amazing condition, except the front 'h' emblem and been removed and the holes were not filled, and a gay ass sticker on the front of the hood, (about 6-7inchs long)
the interior was perfect condition, and was really happy to see that
so at this point i was really excited and about ready to buy it on the spot,
but then i opened the hood,
the valve cover was peelin off the stock paint, alternator was rusted to shit, radiotor supports were rusted,and bumper mount was missing, and the stick that holds the hood up, well, it wasnt attached at all, and when he colsed th hood he sort of just rested it on top of the header cover, which i was not impressed with,
the only other problem was the electric antenna was broken, and didnt go down when the car was turned off, even though the motor was operating

so it doesnt look like i'll be buying this car,and i was rather dissapointed, but the search continues

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Most of those were problems I had with my 95, too. The hood support thing just kinda came off one day, and the antenna got bent so it didn't come down anymore.

The valve cover paint thing is no big deal, but the rust inside the engine would make me nervous, too.

I say get a 5th gen, because I did. It's the cool thing to do.

·
Registered
217 Posts
LOL, i got my green srv for a dirt cheap because it needed a o2 sensor and temperature sender, (temp guage didn't work). i didn't pay near 8k for my black srv either, and as far as an Si goes, i wouldn't get it unless ihad a h22 ready for it because i had one and wasn't happy until i got h22's. i had a b21 h23 and b18b and my personal opinion is they all weren't good enough because you will blow it up trying to get alot out of it. i have learned my lesson about the non vtec dohc engines, but it you got cash to spend on it you can. I just know the h22 has something right out of the box as where the others are just low rpm "around town" engines. Its your choice just my friends and i have all had non vtecs at one point and a d16 at one point we now have h22's and love it. good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts