Honda Prelude Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im considering on turboing my 89 Prelude. Its been with me since my school years. Whats the maximum HP that my 89 Prelude can produce thats driveable? What parts would I need to upgrade to prepare for high boost? Know where I can get the upgrade parts?
What kind of turbo yall using? What kind intercooler? How about ways to inrease fuels? Are FMU okay?
I can use some pictures if where the manifold vacuum is, ect..
thanks.

·
Premium Member
16,911 Posts
prelude411 said:
Im considering on turboing my 89 Prelude. Its been with me since my school years. Whats the maximum HP that my 89 Prelude can produce thats driveable? What parts would I need to upgrade to prepare for high boost? Know where I can get the upgrade parts?
What kind of turbo yall using? What kind intercooler? How about ways to inrease fuels? Are FMU okay?
I can use some pictures if where the manifold vacuum is, ect..
thanks.
You need to do a little research, and it is not hard because If you go to the Forced Induction Section, there is a whole write up for all your questions.

Just clik on the Sticky's on the top of the forum and you will see a whole lot of info to answer your quetions.:)

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236790

This link is the "OBD1 Conversion For Tuning and Fuel Management"

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
first of all, never jump into something that you dont know what youre doing. You might as well go jump in a pile of shit if you want to turbo your car, but know nothing about turbos. Hey guys, lets pour gas on ourselves and light it on fire, i dont know what will happen but it seems fun.

things you need ? more knowledge on turbo's. And to top it off, you want to run the MAX on a street driven car? if you dont know whats all needed, i'm afraid to know if you are able to drive the car with it boosted, let alone running 300+ hp.

sorry to be an ass, though that is not my intention, but you should get what im trying to say, learn before you do.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I'm sure you could get about 300hp for a quarter-mile run.

Then you're gonna need a ride home.

Also, if your engine isn't in fantastic shape, don't even think about just throwing a turbo on there. Bad piston rings and poorly adjusted valves will just accelerate the self-destruction.

Also, make sure your bank account is ready for turbocharging. Turbos can be just as self-destructive to your wallet as to your engine block. If you can keep a couple grand around as rainy-day money in case your crankcase decides to ventilate itself, you might be ready for turbos.

But yeah, first thing you need to do is hit the books. All the information you need is available on this site, or through links available on this site.

oh yeah... IBTL :D

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
SquishyPanda said:
I'm sure you could get about 300hp for a quarter-mile run.

Then you're gonna need a ride home.

Also, if your engine isn't in fantastic shape, don't even think about just throwing a turbo on there. Bad piston rings and poorly adjusted valves will just accelerate the self-destruction.

Also, make sure your bank account is ready for turbocharging. Turbos can be just as self-destructive to your wallet as to your engine block. If you can keep a couple grand around as rainy-day money in case your crankcase decides to ventilate itself, you might be ready for turbos.

But yeah, first thing you need to do is hit the books. All the information you need is available on this site, or through links available on this site.

oh yeah... IBTL :D
how does venting the crank case do harm? it helps. If all that pressure just builds up in the crank case, gaskets will probably blow out, and the oil will leak, and if gone unnoticed, can starve the engine of oil.

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
o

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.