Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 SH. Problem I'm having is I'll be driving and out of nowhere the car will start running terrible. Car will sputter really hard driving down the highway. When I have to stop and stoplight and push the clutch in the idle drops all the way and the car will die. I start it and have to keep giving it gas to keep it running. Then when I take off it sputters really bad and will just take off all of a sudden. It just does it randomly and when its not doing it the car runs awesome. I borrowed my friends scanner and it did it today. It came up with code PA1129 MAP higher than expected. Just wondering what would cause this. The engine itself is all stock. Has the stock intake and looking at the engine everything seems fine as far as all vacuum lines being hooked up and MAP sensor appears to be fine visually. Searched the forum and googled it and not much help either place. Any help here is appreciated.

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,274 Posts
Have you tried replacing the MAP sensor? They do go bad over time, you know.

There were a few threads about other people having issues with them as well, and from what I recall, an OE Honda MAP sensor was the only one that worked for any extended period after replacement.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't tried replacing I read that they don't go bad very often I may have to just try that first and see if it does it again.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So my car started running like ? again. Doing the same thing. This time it threw a different code P0172 system running to rich. When my CEL comes on my ATTS light always comes on with it. I love my prelude this is my 3rd one but it's more sensitive than a female. I've taken the MAP sensor off cleaned and made sure all wiring is good and vacuum lines. Not sure where to go from here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts