Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Prelude S - 135,000ks
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months back I had issues with my transmission where it wouldn't go into first unless I was rolling a bit and overall had a hard time shifting into gears unless I pumped the clutch. Nothing unusual and ended up replacing the clutch which solved most of those issues. However, Ive noticed that first can still sometimes be hard to get in and it seems as if my synchros are lagging when I shift. I'm still learning how transmissions work so not sure if that's even possible but when I go into second for example, it seems to get blocked for a second and then it goes in smoothly. I'm not one to abuse my transmission and I always try to use the least amount of pressure as possible when shifting but it seems to be getting worse. Any suggestions of what it could be would be greatly appreciated.

TL;DR: clutch replaced recently but gears still get stuck (blocked) for a second when shifting before going in smoothly.

·
Registered
1993 Prelude Si VTEC
120 Posts
I had this problem years ago with one of my transmissions. I replaced the clutch and throwout bearing but it was too late at that point, 2nd gear syncros got damaged from the bad clutch and me trying to drive it while it was like that.

Im guessing same thing happened to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts