Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. So I just manual swapped my 2001 base prelude. Wouldn’t start with a new Manual version of the ECU, put the old auto one in, started right up. Could drive it for about an hour before it would go into limp mode. i’d disconnect the battery and for a minute to reset it and then it would run fine again. had someone change the resisters in the auto ecu to get rid of this problem but it did not fix it. it still goes limp, although it started running a little smoother. Decided to try and have the manual ecu i bought programmed to the car but a locksmith, he reset the immobilizer and paired it to the ecu, still wouldn’t start. So we said f it and tried repairing it back to the auto ecu and now my car won’t start with both!! The immobilizer light turns off with both ecus but now neither will start the car. I really need to get this thing finished. my old trans crapped out on me and i promised my lady she’d have the car done in 2 weeks and the project has been about a month. we had it running for a week with the limp mode issue but now it won’t even start at all. i don’t even know what to do anymore. Thanks y’all.

·
Administrator
6,548 Posts
I'm not very familiar with the electrical side of the conversion but I'll give it a shot.

Did you wire in a neutral safety switch?

Did you bypass the autos transmisson gear sensor?

I would assume you read through rompirates guide a few times already.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not very familiar with the electrical side of the conversion but I'll give it a shot.

Did you wire in a neutral safety switch?

Did you bypass the autos transmisson gear sensor?

I would assume you read through rompirates guide a few times already.
hey thanks for the reply. We got it working finally with the new manual ecu i got. starts right up. issue is now with the new ecu i got a flashing check engine light a p1399 code. and an obvious misfire sound through the exhaust. Could this just be the ecu? idk, didn’t have this issue with my old ecu. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts