Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah i dont know how or why this happens, but i acquire alot of B20a's currently, i have 3 B20a's, all in running condition. and one a5 that is ass.

1st B20a
is in my 3g right now with nothing more than intake exhaust and full MSD, and a set of failing bearings just waiting to send the pistons through the roof!

2nd B20a
is in the machine shop getting prepped for turbo, all brand new spinny guts with 8:1 pistons. and a lot of machine work... new crank as well, head is getting a port and polish on intake side, and just a polish on exhaust with oversize'd valves to go around 3 angle valve grind of course... and a set of 272 grind cams from delta... yet to be in my lude due to owing a shit ton of cash owed on motor still :smile: bill due 2,500+ some...

and finnally the 3rd B20a
just aquired today, it currently has supposedly wieseco 9:1 pistons (supposedly of course) and newer bearings with about 20,000 on them...

what itll recieve in the next week.
official B20a 9.5:1 pistons ( if it doesnt already have them)
all new bearings from vauto zone
new HG felpro
my rebuilt cylinder head thats been milled down for higher compression
delta reground camshafts from B20Luda
lightened stock flywheel from B20Luda
and my AEM adjustable cam gears.

with that i hope to just make a very dependable 9.8:1- 10:1 compression motor that will pull very strong and i will just know that its not gonna blow and leave me stranded somewhere...

but yeah, tons of fun.

what do you all got going on in your garages? any interesting builds that dont take a whole 5 paragraph essay to write out?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh and there is other things for the motor of course, like Chrome chipped Po4 coming soon for both builds and both will have a MSD 6al ignition with 2 step launch control...

oh yeah. :smile:

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm hopefully bolting together my JDM B20A tomarrow :) I finally got my head back from the machinist, just a standard valve job and resurface. That took about a month.. So I spent this whole week in front of a sink full of engine parts and hot soapy water, and almost all is clean now. I still have the upper intake manifold, but then that's it! Tomarrow everything goes back together, if the spirts are smiling upon me that is, and hopefully be dropping it back in later this week :)

Mostly this project was just a massive clean-up, I swapped this engine into my 2gp about a year ago, and 30,000 miles later it was lookin pretty dirty. I did find myself a B18a intake and B21 exhast cam that have been machined to fit my head, so that should unlock a little more power. I'm kinda nervous though, I just got my registration renewal in the mail today, and of course a SMOG is required. I'll just take it to my usuall shop, most of the time they will just let it pass as long as the sniffer doesn't pick anything up, I never got the engine swap BARed..

Lol this all started as a power steering rack replacment.. oh how our projects evolve..

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
currently pulling a3 out of the bay and converting to a5 for starters. already rewired the entire car. since money is tight right now, i will be replacing and fixing alot of the engine harness as it has gotten brittle over the last 20 years. gonna pick up a running a5 on monday to get me going in the mean time. still have to swap out the gas tanks. kobra 85 was kind enough to agree to part with one. i will have to get up with him sometime this week to go and remove it. other than that nothing close to what others are doing. fun fun

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm hopefully bolting together my JDM B20A tomarrow :) I finally got my head back from the machinist, just a standard valve job and resurface. That took about a month.. So I spent this whole week in front of a sink full of engine parts and hot soapy water, and almost all is clean now. I still have the upper intake manifold, but then that's it! Tomarrow everything goes back together, if the spirts are smiling upon me that is, and hopefully be dropping it back in later this week :)

Mostly this project was just a massive clean-up, I swapped this engine into my 2gp about a year ago, and 30,000 miles later it was lookin pretty dirty. I did find myself a B18a intake and B21 exhast cam that have been machined to fit my head, so that should unlock a little more power. I'm kinda nervous though, I just got my registration renewal in the mail today, and of course a SMOG is required. I'll just take it to my usuall shop, most of the time they will just let it pass as long as the sniffer doesn't pick anything up, I never got the engine swap BARed..

Lol this all started as a power steering rack replacment.. oh how our projects evolve..
well good luck with the smog, and it should pass as long as you have all your emissions bullshit all in order or at least no check engine lights.

and yeah i know how our 3g projects evolve... trust me, i never thought id have 3 B20a's untill i did some swapping and trading.

currently pulling a3 out of the bay and converting to a5 for starters. already rewired the entire car. since money is tight right now, i will be replacing and fixing alot of the engine harness as it has gotten brittle over the last 20 years. gonna pick up a running a5 on monday to get me going in the mean time. still have to swap out the gas tanks. kobra 85 was kind enough to agree to part with one. i will have to get up with him sometime this week to go and remove it. other than that nothing close to what others are doing. fun fun
hey at least your doing what you can to better your Lude, the a5 swap vs the a3, dude, your lude is gonna feel so beastly to you when its done :burn:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha, you wanna know the bitch of my whole B20a collection?

in all ive only paid a grand total of $125 dollars to attain all 3 motors.

100 for the first one through my personal JY.

25 for a bitchen craigslist deal that the old guy didnt know what his sons lude had...

and finnally the last one was free for swapping in another B20a into my buddies 3g.

the only reason why he swapped it was cause his parents had convinced him that since the HG was blown that he should just get a whole nother fresh motor... :) i scored.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Currentl I am in the process of pulling my b21( only short block and tranny remain while im working on cleaning and rebuilding the top half). Hopefully its gonna be a low compression turbo build when its all said and done but tha has yet to be seen since money is slow to come in and the job market is not looking that promising. But I am doing everything myself except machine work so i have to do is buy ALL the parts. Simple, right?
Posted via Mobile

1 - 7 of 7 Posts