Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The light is coming on and I looked it up in the manual and it referred to it as malfunction indicator lamp but it looks more like a check engine light or something....said the emissions are messed up...anyways I'm wondering if someone could help me out as to what my problem is and how to fix it?

·
Test PipE MasTeR
1,488 Posts
wait ...im lost ithink it might be the O2 sensor i dont no i jus think it could be it

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
mil/cel is the same.... but you gotta get the code, there are tons of them, so you gotta find what your car is giving

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
2qu1k4u said:
^chill out. that link was added on tuesday.
don't tell me to chill out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! roooooaaaaaarrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!! You see this... I'm calm..... pefectly calm. Perfectly caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UUUUUUUUUUUUggggggggggggggggHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay, I'm sory. :oops:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went to Autozone and he told me it was my O2 sensor like 2000BB6 said...looked up the part and said it would be $235 for a Bosh one and $110 for a Denso one :-(

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
Go to sparkplugs.com and they're only $40 on there. They're the Denso OE identical type...

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
napalm2k5rw said:
I went to Autozone and he told me it was my O2 sensor like 2000BB6 said...looked up the part and said it would be $235 for a Bosh one and $110 for a Denso one :-(
Never take the advice of the guys' at AutoZone... I used to work there, and almost nobody in that company knows how to accurately translate those codes. Take my advice and get a second opinion. What exactly did the code description say when they put their piece-of-crap diagnostic tool up to it?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Went to the Honda dealership to get my front O2 sensor, and front brakes replaced...costed $566...$300 for parts and $225 for labor then rest in taxes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts