Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning: This is a wall of text because I'm upset about possibly getting scammed on ebay. Your knowledge of honda parts may help me, but I'm sorry if this is too long, I just don't want to miss the details.

I bought a 'genuine OEM' knock sensor on ebay from autosupplyking91 for $100. She (Aliza Kenny of Danville, NH) sells many of these in this listing. The pictures looked like it came in OEM packaging and she had high ratings, so I bought one. I got a knock sensor that was slightly dirty, as if it'd been installed once, unsealed without any OEM packaging. It did not fit cleanly into the 24MM socket, but it appeared to be OEM from the markings.

I broke my original sensor when taking the head off, and put a cheap chinese ebay one, which also didn't work. I waited three months after getting the 'genuine' OEM one to install it because I thought I needed to take ATTS off. When I found out I could reach the sensor without taking much off, I did, and the 'genuine' one failed - in fact it did not produce any voltage and when I inspected it closer, the green top spun freely.

The seller said I could return it, and after I did, she said that it was not the same sensor I sent to her, and that she sells sealed brand new sensors that have the part number (30530-P5M-013) etched into it. After looking closely, I can indeed see it on the last pic of her images as can be seen here. The sensor I received and returned did not have the part number etched into it, instead it had an 'M' with two three digit numbers, as was the OEM part I originally pulled. Looking at other OEM listings on ebay, they have the 'M' and not the other one.

I've talked with her for a while on ebay and she is convinced that the ones with the 'M' are not OEM, and hers with the part etching number is. She's quite reasonable to talk to, and sounds like she cares about doing good business. Now I have no hope of getting a refund (out of refund period), so there's no motive for me to lie at this point about the part, and all the reason for her too, despite sounding nice. This all makes little sense, but here's the theories I have to explain the story:

- She had a single slightly used OEM sensor around from someone else, and decided to send it to me, thinking she could get away with it.
- She doesn't want to give me a return because of the refund and not wanting to admit her mistake.
- She only does things like this once in a while, so it keeps her ratings high, and gives her deniability while making quick money

But I want to check - is there an OEM knock sensor with the part number etched into it? Are there two versions of the same part?

I just want to get to bottom of the story and make sure she is a actually a liar before I write some reviews on some car sites to get even and prevent people from taking her items as legit. If she is actually not a liar, is there some way this could be a misunderstanding?

tl;dr: Bought a 'genuine' KS, looked OEM, but was bad, couldn't return. Buyer says it wasn't the same item she sent. Why is she saying the OEM sensor I returned isn't the same part she sells?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Take

Best of luck to you man, hope it works out for you. For what its worth I don't think that I have ever seen an OEM Honda part in a zip lock bag, and after looking at the label it looks off (fonts and print) just don't look right.

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,272 Posts
Sorry to say, but it sounds like you got scammed.

I can't say that you should be terribly surprised that something you bought off of ebay for less than what a new part costs isn't the real deal, though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
eBay user autosupplyking91 sells knock off part. Do you have an email or any contact information for this seller? I am assuming you have an email or a phone number since you made a purchase. Please help others not be scammed with these cheaters.

Warning: This is a wall of text because I'm upset about possibly getting scammed on ebay. Your knowledge of honda parts may help me, but I'm sorry if this is too long, I just don't want to miss the details.

I bought a 'genuine OEM' knock sensor on ebay from autosupplyking91 for $100. She (Aliza Kenny of Danville, NH) sells many of these in this listing. The pictures looked like it came in OEM packaging and she had high ratings, so I bought one. I got a knock sensor that was slightly dirty, as if it'd been installed once, unsealed without any OEM packaging. It did not fit cleanly into the 24MM socket, but it appeared to be OEM from the markings.

I broke my original sensor when taking the head off, and put a cheap chinese ebay one, which also didn't work. I waited three months after getting the 'genuine' OEM one to install it because I thought I needed to take ATTS off. When I found out I could reach the sensor without taking much off, I did, and the 'genuine' one failed - in fact it did not produce any voltage and when I inspected it closer, the green top spun freely.

The seller said I could return it, and after I did, she said that it was not the same sensor I sent to her, and that she sells sealed brand new sensors that have the part number (30530-P5M-013) etched into it. After looking closely, I can indeed see it on the last pic of her images as can be seen here. The sensor I received and returned did not have the part number etched into it, instead it had an 'M' with two three digit numbers, as was the OEM part I originally pulled. Looking at other OEM listings on ebay, they have the 'M' and not the other one.

I've talked with her for a while on ebay and she is convinced that the ones with the 'M' are not OEM, and hers with the part etching number is. She's quite reasonable to talk to, and sounds like she cares about doing good business. Now I have no hope of getting a refund (out of refund period), so there's no motive for me to lie at this point about the part, and all the reason for her too, despite sounding nice. This all makes little sense, but here's the theories I have to explain the story:

- She had a single slightly used OEM sensor around from someone else, and decided to send it to me, thinking she could get away with it.
- She doesn't want to give me a return because of the refund and not wanting to admit her mistake.
- She only does things like this once in a while, so it keeps her ratings high, and gives her deniability while making quick money

But I want to check - is there an OEM knock sensor with the part number etched into it? Are there two versions of the same part?

I just want to get to bottom of the story and make sure she is a actually a liar before I write some reviews on some car sites to get even and prevent people from taking her items as legit. If she is actually not a liar, is there some way this could be a misunderstanding?

tl;dr: Bought a 'genuine' KS, looked OEM, but was bad, couldn't return. Buyer says it wasn't the same item she sent. Why is she saying the OEM sensor I returned isn't the same part she sells?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts