Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so im pretty sure this question has been asked many times before and that i will get sh*t for asking it but i am gonna ask anyways. what should be done to obtain nice hp and will not require converting to race gas. ive done some reading on other post similar to this but no one really had anything direct. i do not want to turbo nor sc because of maintenance. the car will be a dd and money is not an issue... well i dont plan on spending TOO much. and to be honest i want to be able to drive and have vtec pop and pull a muscle in my neck haha jk. but please help me start a list. so far ive heard a euro r intake is good, been told to build the head for vtec purpose... not sure if that just means new valves, springs etc... or p&p as well... thinking about putting sleeves but not sure if its necessary. ummm pistons and so on as you can see i just have general ideas so i need alot of suggestion and help. thank you guys... oh and im working with a H22a1 in a fourth gen... stock! :p

·
Registered
782 Posts
Well I think you'll hear it from just about anyone on the site basic bolt ons is the best place to start exhaust, headers, intake. I've found it's better just getting the high end products the first time around saves time and money as well as get good results. If you want good hp and not boost..I'd suggest spray only use it when you want and you'll get good hp when using it! You wont kill your motor unless you dont know how to use it or get a bigger shot than your engine can handle, but first I'd build the block for it but that's further down the road if you say it's bone stock!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I think you'll hear it from just about anyone on the site basic bolt ons is the best place to start exhaust, headers, intake. I've found it's better just getting the high end products the first time around saves time and money as well as get good results. If you want good hp and not boost..I'd suggest spray only use it when you want and you'll get good hp when using it! You wont kill your motor unless you dont know how to use it or get a bigger shot than your engine can handle, but first I'd build the block for it but that's further down the road if you say it's bone stock!
thank you but the bolt on part i already understand. i guess more on the internal side. i know intake, im, exhaust, tb, pretty much basic bolt on will help. such as cams, cam gears valves, ecu so on.

·
Registered
782 Posts
thank you but the bolt on part i already understand. i guess more on the internal side. i know intake, im, exhaust, tb, pretty much basic bolt on will help. such as cams, cam gears valves, ecu so on.
You could consider spraying! Check out goldluderay's build he has a YouTube channel with the same name I believe he ran a 11.3 on spray!

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
If your trying to budgent and run something quicker then your average local import.the jdm h23avtec bluetop. Resurface the head install flat faced valves.upgrade valvetrain run some skunk2 pro2 cams and gears.do an h23 manual tensioner swap.balance shaft eliminate kit.euro r intake mani w. Bigger tb like a 68mm tb.hytech rep header.good intake.tune.it can put u to around 230+ to the wheels w.out nitrous.and save u from building the block.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
let me first start by thanking everyone who has replied so far. but hp wise i am not sure as to wat i want but i dont want to over do it. the car is going to be a dd. but i also want to be able to make good time wen i do want to run the car. and to be honest i want as much hp as i can get out of the motor going n/a... but i didnt wanna say that cause im sure thats typical and thats wat everyone wants. budget wise i dont really have one to be honest i have over 5k but i dont plan on speeding everything being a student still. but i also do have a job so im not so worried. i kinda have an idea as to wat i want but i wanted to get more input from others to help me build my list of items for the beast so that i can just get everything at once and start the build.

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
5K will get your head built, injectors, pump, along with nice, quality bolt ons and tuning.

if you are wanting to build a motor and pay someone to do it, plan on spending 8-10k pending if you want to use forged internals or not.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
once again thanks for all the responses. and 8-10k oh man it hurts to hear that... i guess you really have to pay to play haha. im beginning to think i should spend my money on bold ons and build the head. and if that give me around 230 as stated then i should be content for the mean time.

·
"THE DOCTOR IS IN"
4,376 Posts
15k? fawkkkkk... thats three times the value i got my car for. but im sure taking that car down the track is worth that 15k.
We will have to wait to see lol, joking.

When you talk about prices, you shouldnt think of it like a final amount and all cash situation. Its like you start buying this and all, and once you finish you do the math and boom. "Fatality" lol.

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
8k is a GOOD engine build. not just decent.

U can do a OEM bottom end setup and make it a little cheaper, but it wont have the overall potential of a forged bottom. Not to mention you have many limitations with an OEM bottom which can be overcome with a forged setup.

in a forged setup, you can build whatever you want. OEM, you are stuck with whats out there.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.