Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are some opinions on the sound of these on a 5th generation?, i got some one to put the first piece of my exaust with a borla or magnaflow for 130$ so i want some input b4 i buy

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Both are high quality name brand exhaust brands, I think either way you're going to end up with a great sounding exhaust.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
^^ agreed, I personally use a Borla exhaust right now nothing super fancy just something to replace OEM crap lol, Sounds good not the ricey fart can gheyness. So im partial to Borla you'll find companies like Dodge and Lambo use Borla on their high end cars like the viper and Mercialago. But go with whatever you feel you would prefer both are good brands and give a nice deep sound.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey i have Magnaflow exhaust and i'm pretty happy with it. It does not sound like the ebay exhausts. Mine has deep and not too loud sound. But like the guys above me said, both brands are high quality exhausts. You wont be disappointed. :) Do you have any particular exhaust you are looking at or just deciding between Borla and Magnaflow?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
^^ agreed, I personally use a Borla exhaust right now nothing super fancy just something to replace OEM crap lol, Sounds good not the ricey fart can gheyness. So im partial to Borla you'll find companies like Dodge and Lambo use Borla on their high end cars like the viper and Mercialago. But go with whatever you feel you would prefer both are good brands and give a nice deep sound.
does SKUNK2 cat back consider as rice can? or define rice can for me

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
For air intake I would always suggest picking up a no name cold air intake or short ram intake off of ebay for dirt cheap, tossing the shitty filter they give you and buying a K&N air filter to use.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I LOVE my Magnaflow. IMO it is the best exhaust brand for hondas

·
Registered
685 Posts
I vote magnaflow simply because that is what is readily available for good prices at most regular muffler shops and I love my magnaflow muffler. As for intakes there are many great threads on this topic... SEARCH I would HIGHLY recommend simply removing your stock resonator and installing a K&N drop in filter. This will not only be more efficient but will yield more power than any short ram intake regardless of cone filter choice. The main intake thread by 98vtec has dyno charts and a stock intake made 5whp more than the ebay short ram. and that was without a K&N in the stock box. AND the short ram that was compared had a K&N cone AND a BPI flowstack. OEM inatke with removed resonator is truly your best/cheapest bet.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Anybody got the Magnaflow single side muffler with the dual exit tips? I'm looking to change the stock muffler but like the dual exit tip muffler, looks better and usually sounds better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just put on a universal magnaflow dual tip muffler last week and for the most part love it. I don't think it lost power but there is a small part of me that wonders? However the sound is great... Deep and throaty...no rice at all. However it is alot louder driving in real life than any YouTube videos. Think I'm gonna dynomat my back half to see if it helps. My car is a 5th gen prelude stock everything. I'm gonna add an AEM full cold air intake with a bypass valve.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts