Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a Digital 6AL box on their 5th Gen ? I'm a little hazy on the install because I've never installed a digital box. I've always had the old 6ALs on my Hondas

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,272 Posts
Throw it right in the garbage. The MSD ignition parts are hot garbage for H22's.

Leave the stock ignition system in place and replace the wear items.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I appreciate the sentiment it doesn't give me any help seeing as the purpose of this is to actually test over time if the MSD system is any better than the OEM and if the claims that MSD is less reliable than OEM holds true. The only things I've heard about the subject is the usual guys saying "MSD is garbage and if you disagree you're wrong" or "MSD is the best and if you disagree you're wrong" the idea is to log milages and do dybo tests. I'm yet to see anyone do this most people who run MSD use their butt dyno. I'm hoping to provide accurate extended time results so we can all put the debate to bed. If there is already a thread for the definitive MSD test please direct me to it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would like to apologize in advance for coming off like an ass. I talked to the guy that tunes my car and he said it won't help but it won't hurt. Figure I'll give it a shot but don't know if our cars use an amplifier circuit or if I have to tap into the crank trigger.

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,272 Posts
It's okay, you're new here. I'm assuming your knowledge is fairly limited at this point.

MSD ignition parts are junk for our cars. Search on here, and read through a handful of the threads of people who used them and ended up going back to stock. Installing an MSD 6AL is fruitless, and always makes for more problems instead of any kind of performance increase.

Like I said, save your money, and just replace the wear items on the stock ignition system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts