Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Oh Gee
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... today was wierd

My friend has a 92 integra ls and I have a 93 prelude s (yea.. were slow..lol)

well.. we originally planned to mess with this crx that goes to our school after school. so we followed him and then we finally hit the 3 lane road. well the Integ was in front of me and crx was a car back in another lane.

i decided to take off and im flowing through traffic and the crx begins to follow.. well then this scion tc is right behind flowin traffic to.. i took off and left him, but then let him pass me back up. (he most likely could have killed me) then my friends integ is flying by.. we hit another light. and were all stopped.

thats when i noticed a 3000gt. i didnt expect him to take off. we were all sitting then my friend and i left the light kinda fast and all the sudden..the 3000gt was coming up quick.. i was like.. OH SNAP!! so i floored it and then flew by and just left me.. and when he was about 4 car lengths ahead.. i gave up.

It was crazy. uhhh.. cant wait till next year when i can finally get that h22 swap done.

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
Dude! sounds like fun.. Remember to be careful out there though. Beware of the po-po's cause they lookin for street racers. I can image how fun that was. I use to be like that. Until I blew the damn engine. lol

·
Registered
568 Posts
Check my sig. The po-po would save more lives if they put nets under trees and lids on buckets.

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
2ZZ13BT said:
Check my sig. The po-po would save more lives if they put nets under trees and lids on buckets.
Number of deaths due to street racing in the world in 2004: 141
Number of deaths due to falling coconuts in the world in 2004: 151
Number of deaths due to children falling into five gallon buckets in 2004: 487

whats your source ???

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
TopEndLude said:
Dude! sounds like fun.. Remember to be careful out there though. Beware of the po-po's cause they lookin for street racers. I can image how fun that was. I use to be like that. Until I blew the damn engine. lol
fuck the PO-LEECE!!:rocketwhore:

·
Registered
568 Posts
CADster said:
Number of deaths due to street racing in the world in 2004: 141
Number of deaths due to falling coconuts in the world in 2004: 151
Number of deaths due to children falling into five gallon buckets in 2004: 487

whats your source ???
I had seen these statistics being compared to shark attacks at my local aquarium, so I know the buckets and coconuts are correct. I don't know about the street racing deaths though because I actually just saw this randomly posted on the internet. No straight source on those, since I wasn't trying to be too factual with my sig.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I really wish people on this site would back their claims a lot better. So far that is my only complaint. Here are the stats requested.

http://www.nhra.com/streetlegal/stats.html

In 2001, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported that police listed street racing as a factor in 135 fatal crashes. The total was up from 72 street-racing-related fatalities reported in 2000.
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, more than 800 citations for illegal street racing were issued in 2001.
In San Diego, where the street racing problem has been termed "epidemic," 16 deaths and 31 injuries were directly related to illegal street racing in 2001. The city's attorney's office prosecuted 147 illegal street racing cases in 1999, 161 in 2000, and 290 in 2001.
In Florida in 2001, 7,216 citations were issued for racing on the highway.
In 1999, the Florida Department of Highway and Safety for Motor Vehicles reported 28 accidents related to illegal street racing, with 2 fatalities and 27 injuries. In 2000, the agency reported 39 racing accidents, with 1 fatality and 55 injuries. In 2002, there were 48 racing accidents, 1 fatality, and 60 injuries.
According to the NHTSA, motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death for people between the ages of 16 and 20.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety says 5,749 teens died in the United States from motor vehicle crash injuries in 1999.
Nationwide statistics show that 49 people are injured for every 1,000 who participate in illegal street racing.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I jacked my sig from a Mustang forum. Go pick on them! lol.

I'm too lazy to dig through all that crap, so how many people died from street racing altogether for one year? Also, you have to take into consideration that a good percentage of those citations for street racing could have been b.s. on the cops part.

Just the other day I got pulled over for something like "display of power." All I did was take off casually from a light. I didn't even pass anyone or break the speed limit, but the cop insisted I took off too fast. Fortunately he let me go, but it made me wonder how many other people get busted for b.s. claims.

·
Registered
848 Posts
135....damn, you are a lazy guy. It is in the 2nd line. Sometimes I wonder...

·
Registered
568 Posts
N/Apower said:
135....damn, you are a lazy guy. It is in the 2nd line. Sometimes I wonder...
Oh I got that. I just thought maybe you were trying to prove me wrong on some point or another, so I was looking for somewhere where I was completely wrong. The number I got is from 2004 as can be seen, so I was looking for 2004. I didn't make that clear. It's still sad how hard the police are working to end the evil known as street racing.

·
Registered
848 Posts
No, someone wanted facts and you did not have concrete support for it, so i found some that coincided.

·
Registered
568 Posts
N/Apower said:
No, someone wanted facts and you did not have concrete support for it, so i found some that coincided.
True, thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts