Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have to post this initial post quick as i have to get to work but so i will post more when i get back But basically it goes as this HOW THE HELL am i going to fit that ????? to my lsd?? i have a high flow cat off ebay and thats no help soooooooo help me out here ill be back with nmore details after work (9pm mountain time)

·
Cunninglinguist
8,131 Posts
LSD exhaust is made to fit the stock catalytic converter. The hi flow you have must have incorrect flanges on it, or your chikara does

I know this for FACT because the prototype for LSD exhaust was fabricated on my car. I had the original header and original cat converter on it when I took it to Mike

edit: beware, if you have an 88/89 the shitkara may cause your car to throw a code 1

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is his gf...and im supposed to tell you he has a '91 2.0si and on his cat one side has the correct three hole flange but the other side only has a two hole flange and the downpipe has the three hole flange but its not quite the same as the LSD flange.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
take it to a muffler shop. Have them cut off the flange and weld a new one, or just weld the cat to the exhaust.

I wouldnt imagine it being anymore than 50 bucks.

·
Cunninglinguist
8,131 Posts
dude, is that the resonator BEHIND the cat and last section of the exhaust? if so, you fail.

im tellin ya, something is different with your car, you must have had a muffler shop weld on a new cat with a new flange or somethin, cause the LSD was made for the original cat.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
wtf are u talking about bro? all u can see is the chikara downpipe and the very front of the lsd and the ebay cat Ahhh i see what ur talking about no the cat is just there for a reference point as to its flange compared to the lsds. The cat is whats fucked it has the wrong flange on one end

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok i have not looked at our exhaust set ups so im iotal newb right there but im just having problems fitting the lsd up to the chikara down pipe flange, i now know that one of the flanges on the eftermarket cat is def not the right flange

·
Cunninglinguist
8,131 Posts
cool deal man, now you know, best idea is to get to a muffler shop and have them burn on the right flange either on the LSD pipe or on the cat...I'd prefer burning it onto the cat though, cause then you can put any OEM spec cat on without problems

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah thats what i think im going to do. im also going to have to either have them modify the flange on the downpipe or put a new flange on it because this one looks like they tried to match it up but FAILED

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is reference to the fitment issue. The chikara end is too big thats why im hoping they may be able to modify it and make it fit rather than welding a new flange on
Chikara end

LSD end

·
Registered
284 Posts
if you are planning on using that cat u need a new flange, the cat isnt't made for a flexpipe header, it has one side of a conical or balljoint(dont know how you name it) link, not a flange to use with the collector!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts