Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im looking to lower my prelude and need some help, i want to do it right but dont have the budget to spend hella for ksports or something like that. Ive seen the tokico lowering kit but those springs only drop an inch and i was looking for a little more drop. If anyone can link me or help me find a setup like some struts and coilover sleeves or springs, that would be highly appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
H&R Sport springs for a car that's easy to daily. H&R Race springs if being low is more important than not scraping. Tokico shocks if you can find them.

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
See i can find the springs but i cant find the tokicos anywhere, can anyone help?
You just need to contact a Tockico dealer to order new shocks.
Springs will be a different story because most manufactures have discontinued making for us.

So if you find any stock somewhere online make sure to ask if they actually stock the part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry im a noob lol, but i dont see a website or anything where i can contact tokico, link please?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive looked online and tokico dealers sell each shock for about$100 and if you add that up with the lowering springs, its adds up to $650, kinda out of my budget, am i just screwed on this idea of lowering for a bit cheaper?

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I picked up a used Tokico/HR Sport setup a few years back for something like $300 or $350. Pre loved parts are a good option. I think there's actually a set of ksports in the classifieds section right now.

You can also cut your existing springs... but don't blame me if you don't end up liking the ride quality, or if you're always bottoming out your shocks and/or blow them quickly.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Hey guys, im looking to lower my prelude and need some help, i want to do it right but dont have the budget to spend hella for ksports or something like that. Ive seen the tokico lowering kit but those springs only drop an inch and i was looking for a little more drop. If anyone can link me or help me find a setup like some struts and coilover sleeves or springs, that would be highly appreciated. Thank you
What is your budget and what's your reason for lowering? Are you looking to improve handling, or is it for looks? If doing it for looks then you can just cut your springs down a little and suffer with a terrible ride and replacing shocks prematurely (not recommended). Or you could slap on some ebay coil-over sleeves over your shocks (also not recommended). If you are doing it to improve handling you'll probably need to reexamine your spending limit if you think $650 is too expensive. You might get lucky and find some used shocks and lowering springs for less than that, but those are getting harder to find for this chassis. Not to mention you're taking a chance with used, and no warranty.

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
Ive looked online and tokico dealers sell each shock for about$100 and if you add that up with the lowering springs, its adds up to $650, kinda out of my budget, am i just screwed on this idea of lowering for a bit cheaper?
Thats why I keep telling newbz and oldies to just jump into a set of Ksports, because I sell them for a reasonable price and its a better upgrade.

For just a couple hundred dollars more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts