Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My front springs are pretty much gone. If I keep this lude does anyone have any suggestions on lowering springs and struts? I have the type SH but without the atts unit. I just need to know a decently priced strut and spring combo.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
because everythings thinks "Tein" is more JDM yo!

Eibach prokits are some of the best sporty springs made....their progressive rates give a smooth ride and sporty handling when you push the car. Just remember that it's better to get $200 springs and $800 shocks than vice versa. Koni shocks are my #1 pick for the prelude, most would agree.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
i hate my eibachs. i'd happily trade them in for teins. i don't feel its a smooth ride at all. i wish i had gotten tokicos

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it's ok to mix and match right? like Koni shocks with tien springs or whatever?

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
when most people say tein they mean the full coilovers, but yea, you could mix and match konis and tein springs

·
Registered
118 Posts
^agreed w/ a no coilover policy. i wish i would have bought springs instead. also, ive been through a couple sets of tokico blues. another not so recommended product...shoulda gone with the illuminas. eibachs ftw

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
JLude said:
because everythings thinks "Tein" is more JDM yo!

Eibach prokits are some of the best sporty springs made....their progressive rates give a smooth ride and sporty handling when you push the car. Just remember that it's better to get $200 springs and $800 shocks than vice versa. Koni shocks are my #1 pick for the prelude, most would agree.
Does anyone here really consider where a product is manufactured before their purchase? I didn't buy tein's b/c of their 'psuedo' JDM'ness. I bought them b/c dozens of people here recommended them.

And yes, my tein coilovers are a BILLION times better than the shitty tokico shocks and h and r/neuspeed springs.

And a final note, the JDM bashing is getting old. Guess what guys, you are all driving cars from Japan..........that are sold in the us.

Also, for those of us with teins, we are riding on compenents from japan....that are tested and further developed specifically for our us market right here on american soil.

/rant.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
98 Posts
I dont understand why some of you have a no coilover policy. I just purchased a set of KYB AGX's with skunk 2 coilovers and these baby's ride as smooth as my dads SLK. If you dont want to spend big dough, I suggest buying some nice shocks and then get some coilover sleeves that would complement it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think i'm going with tokico illuminas. Looks like you can get the whole kit for just over 500. Anyone have these and like them?

·
Type-Esss
4,714 Posts
What y'all think about the kit on Neuspeed's site w/ custom spec'd Koni's and the Sport springs? I'd love to get Tein CO's but they're too expensive, might like some nice sleeve-overs on some really good dampers, but then that'd prolly end up being almost as much as the Tein coilovers, plus I'd have to fool w/ getting them to work together perfectly. So hopefully I can do fine w/ just shocks/springs, and I like that Neuspeed deal. What's a good damper kit to complement the Eibach Pro-kit, like their stuff but I know dampers are more important than springs, so... Thx alot! :D

·
Registered
849 Posts
laez said:
I think i'm going with tokico illuminas. Looks like you can get the whole kit for just over 500. Anyone have these and like them?
I have them and they are awesome. The difference between the softest setting and the hardest setting is night and day. Great if you want to head to the track and then drive home.

·
Registered
9 Posts
laez said:
My front springs are pretty much gone. If I keep this lude does anyone have any suggestions on lowering springs and struts? I have the type SH but without the atts unit. I just need to know a decently priced strut and spring combo.
I am pleased with my Koni Yellow H&R Sport combo. They sell them as a packaged deal at Shox.com, you can save a little money that way. If I had to do it over again I think I would get Tein coils, it is only a hundred dollar difference, and height adjustability is more important to me than dampening. Oh well whats done is done.

·
Future S2000 Owner
4,419 Posts
Hprelude5R said:
Does anyone here really consider where a product is manufactured before their purchase? I didn't buy tein's b/c of their 'psuedo' JDM'ness. I bought them b/c dozens of people here recommended them.

And yes, my tein coilovers are a BILLION times better than the shitty tokico shocks and h and r/neuspeed springs.

And a final note, the JDM bashing is getting old. Guess what guys, you are all driving cars from Japan..........that are sold in the us.

Also, for those of us with teins, we are riding on compenents from japan....that are tested and further developed specifically for our us market right here on american soil.

/rant.
I agree with you completely, both about the Teins and the JDM bashing. To add to that, I think people are getting confused about suspension terminology. There is a enormous difference between a Tein or F2 full coilover kit and the "coilover" spring and sleeve kits made by companies like Skunk2 and Ground Control.

·
Type-Esss
4,714 Posts
usagisama said:
I am pleased with my Koni Yellow H&R Sport combo. They sell them as a packaged deal at Shox.com, you can save a little money that way. If I had to do it over again I think I would get Tein coils, it is only a hundred dollar difference, and height adjustability is more important to me than dampening. Oh well whats done is done.
Where'd you find Tein coilovers for $765?! I'd assume this is the basic kit, not the SS, Flex, or HA, but nonetheless, that's still a great deal!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts