Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lower my lude a bit but dont have 1000 bucks to get some k-sports. I understand the advantages of a full coilver system but seeing as I don't race or go to the track at all I would not need to adjust it constantly.
I am on Andys Auto sports and I see these ground control Coilover sleeves for $340 and thats about my budget.

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda...on/coilovers/coilover_sleeves/ground_control/

My question is are they any good and will they be ok with the stock struts? Does anyone have these. What about just going with lowering springs anyone do that? Im confused on all the different ways to lower your car and stuff so any help would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
There are a few people that do lowering springs. Some that do coil sleeves and some that do full coilover setups. I personnaly have a coil over sleeve from eBay that are 450lbs and 500lbs in the rear. They are a bit stiff for my liking I would like 350 in the front and 400 rear but for 50 dollars I can't complain. Just make sure you use a good strut like tokiko with them cause lowering your lude on stock struts will blow them in a matter of weeks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
I want to lower my lude a bit but dont have 1000 bucks to get some k-sports. I understand the advantages of a full coilver system but seeing as I don't race or go to the track at all I would not need to adjust it constantly.
I am on Andys Auto sports and I see these ground control Coilover sleeves for $340 and thats about my budget.

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda...on/coilovers/coilover_sleeves/ground_control/

My question is are they any good and will they be ok with the stock struts? Does anyone have these. What about just going with lowering springs anyone do that? Im confused on all the different ways to lower your car and stuff so any help would be awesome.
You will need to replace your struts when you lower your car no matter what.

With Ksports, this is all taken cared of all at once since its a complete system.

You will pay about $560-$650 for a ground control and tokico blues setup right off the back.

If you saved a couple more hundred dollars, you will able to join the current group buy I am running and purchase a Ksport kit for $860 shipped.

Why waste money on a coilover sleeve kit when you just need to save a little more and get the kit that you will purchase in the future anyways. Think wisely and spend wisely when it comes to your car.

Lowersprings are ok, but you still need to replace your struts with Tokico blues to benefit from the lowering springs.

If you are lowering just to lower and are not thinking of handling and performance then you just drop your lude.

Its your car so do what you want, but remember you came to us and asked us about lowering your lude, and most of us know better about suspension when it comes to this chassis, and it still applies to other chassis as well.

I say before you even spend money, you need to do research on the net and get a better understanding what you are doing to your car when you drop it first. Because lowering just to lower a car is pointless unless you know what its going to do to its handling and overall performance.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Go with KYB struts or Tokico struts and some cheap lowering springs. You can go with Neuspeed if you want to do it up good. Still, you're looking at at least 5-600 to do it right. For that you can get some F&F type I coilovers. Those are pretty good.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
+ $100 for an alignment afterword

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Go with KYB struts or Tokico struts and some cheap lowering springs. You can go with Neuspeed if you want to do it up good. Still, you're looking at at least 5-600 to do it right. For that you can get some F&F type I coilovers. Those are pretty good.
Stay away from those coilovers, they are no longer supporting us, and whats left in stock is just so they can get rid of their stock that they never sold.

Their design was flawed, and when members asked to fix it they said that they will no longer be making this kit because whomever gave them the design specs messed up and now they will not fix it.

So do not wast your money on a company that will not fix their issue.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Blues and (good) lowering springs usually run for 450-500 new, +50-100 for an alignment. Used you could get a descent set up around 350ish. If you look you can find some good deals on blues, cheapest I've seen a new set go for was under 300$ for all 4 struts. As for springs if you just want a drop look at hr sport springs, or nuespeed sport springs, they have a pretty moderate drop and no need to worry about camper issues etc.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
didn't someone say in another thread that apparently they don't make blues for us anymore?

·
Premium Member
9,140 Posts
IDK if they make them or not anymore, but you can still buy them from multiple sources.

·
Registered
788 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'd go in for that group buy too(everyone has seem to said + things about them) but I managed to score some neuspeed yellows(2in drop racing spring set) for like 40$ over thanksgiving. Gotta love 1/2 off holiday junkyard deals. Still waiting and trying to buy damn blues though :/ they expensives!!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I'd go in for that group buy too(everyone has seem to said + things about them) but I managed to score some neuspeed yellows(2in drop racing spring set) for like 40$ over thanksgiving. Gotta love 1/2 off holiday junkyard deals. Still waiting and trying to buy damn blues though :/ they expensives!!
heres that last sets of blues your going to find, your better off going with k-sports
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=Hu2822&_sacat=0&_from=R40

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
They are still listed on Andy's...

·
Premium Member
9,140 Posts

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
I hope you guys know alot of sites don't update their catalog.

the Second somebody orders them and they realize they're discontinued is when they will finally remove it from their site.

none of these companies have these items in stock and it's something they have to order from a supplier until the supplier says they can't.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
That's a good point. But Tokico's own website is so useless you can't tell whether a product even exists. How did we find out the Blues were discontinued?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts