Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there I have a 1993 Honda Prelude S with a F22A1 Manual Transmission. I have never had an Idle problem like this before. Sometimes i think it's going to die but it doesn't. I'll post pictures of the differences. It seems that when I turn my headlamps on my car will idle at exact normal RPM where it usually does. But when i turn them off it seems to go down a slight notch. It usually shouldnt matter whether they are on or off it should stay at the same RPM. This all didn't happen untill after i replaced my Spark Plug O-ring seals. It usually Idles on the notch right before the 1x Rpms on the tack. But with my headlights off it goes down a slight bit and idles rough like that. I'm not a mechanic and i have been learning how to do all this stuff by Youtube videos and internet. I also have a brand new battery, spark plugs, wire, cap and rotor. Just passed smogged barely. High HC.

Well i dont have a website to upload pics so im gonna have to skip that part.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It seems to idle rough real low. idle goes up when i turn on the headlamps. seems to be not rough when that happens

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you're sure your battery is good check the alternator and its connections, headlite connections and any and all ground straps to engine, chassis etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts