Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i just got a 90 prelude si 4ws, its got the b21, 5spd, looked up the vin # and it was made in japan and shipped over, and i absolutely love it, the guy i got it from towed it behind his rv, he hit a deer with it and decided to replace the hood, left front fender, lights, bumper, timing belt and water pump, and then give it a new paint job...then he decided to sell it for $2,000. done deal. i love the look of the car and it drives perfect...so any suggestions on some power adders for the 2.1? i know its not a h22, but i would love to squeeze some extra horses outta this thing, so far i have put on some 16" sport edition 2's with falken tires, and it is now straight pipe from the cat back, with a chrome tip...what now?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
is it right hand drive just wondering and you can do some stuff to it like put a header, cold air intake and the pipes you got on it you can also put a turbo on it if you want to spend the money but alot of guys will tell you to search the site turst me im new here also and the search is great here you might want to get the b20 motor cus the b21s have bad sleaves and burn oil like no other

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey, thanks for the welcome, my car is not right hand drive, i just looked up the vin and saw it was actually made in japan, the motor does burn a little oil, partially because its a b21 haha, and partially because it has 191,000 on it...i am looking to do just some basic things for the car...i know i can do the 94-01 cold air intake with some mods, just wondering though...and this may be a newbee question, but does someone make a shock tower brace that will fit...or would one from a early 90's accord fit? please be gentle lol

·
OT HOMO
1,055 Posts
well if you lookin to rebuild to beef it up theres alot to do but just headers cai like ^^ said turbo spray chipped ecu man i get told this non stop search search search lol

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i know lol, but really i am just opening this up for discussion, anyone who has any suggestions or opinions please give them to me, i will be doing much searching in the near future haha

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as far as body mods go, i would like to do the 94 accord front lip, and i have also seen a saab that did a front lip using, i think it was garage door seals or something...but im not sure. i guess ill just have to...search.

·
Registered
833 Posts
For STB's I'm pretty sure Cusco still makes them--both front and rear. (I really wanna get them myself.)

For the front lip I've heard/ read the 1st Gen Integra lip is nearly a perfect fit.

Good luck with your new 'Lude!
B-Yeag.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For STB's I'm pretty sure Cusco still makes them--both front and rear. (I really wanna get them myself.)

For the front lip I've heard/ read the 1st Gen Integra lip is nearly a perfect fit.

Good luck with your new 'Lude!
B-Yeag.

hey thanks for the tip on the stb, this is exactly what i was looking for, http://inpcars.com/body-bushings1/75.html not to bad for 130 bucks, and as for the integra lip, i was under the impression that it would only fit the 88-89 prelude bumper...the sides may have to be trimmed..but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
317 Posts
STB go with cusco from www.andyautosport.com. try to find a dc header but if not get the chikara hedman header, go wtih lsd catback exhaust or a thermal research and design catback. prob should through some tokico blue shocks on it with eibacj springs and an ingalls camber kit also get some ngk spark plug wires and spark plugs. go to www.prelude3g.com helped me out a lot upgrade your ground wires too! do the 94-01 integra CAI also but if your looking for a nice short ram air intake i have the Weapon R Secret Weapon air intake that I bought for close to 200.00 I am willing to let it go for 65 plus shipping

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
STB go with cusco from www.andyautosport.com. try to find a dc header but if not get the chikara hedman header, go wtih lsd catback exhaust or a thermal research and design catback. prob should through some tokico blue shocks on it with eibacj springs and an ingalls camber kit also get some ngk spark plug wires and spark plugs. go to www.prelude3g.com helped me out a lot upgrade your ground wires too! do the 94-01 integra CAI also but if your looking for a nice short ram air intake i have the Weapon R Secret Weapon air intake that I bought for close to 200.00 I am willing to let it go for 65 plus shipping

yeah im gonna try to find a dc header, thanks for the offer on the short ram but i think im gonna do the integra CAI, its hot here in South Carolina lol. plugs and wires will probably be the next thing i do after the intake, followed by a header, then probably the shocks and coilovers with that shock tower brace. might be looking into doing some autocross in the very far future...but im not sure haha

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thank you thats exactly what ive been lookin for, im new to this as you can tell haha, i appreciate the help man.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was reading some articles in a Honda tuning mag and saw some bench tests with headers. If memory serves, the Genie 4:1 was getting more HP to the wheels than the DC 4:2:1. I could be wrong, it was a while ago. I haven't even really researched them but it may be worthwhile for you to look into it. Welcome to PP!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i was looking at some of the prices on headers, and looks like all i can really afford right now would be the pacesetter with the connector pipe, i am gonna be on a somewhat tight budget, so any opinions on the pacesetters? they would at least be better than the stock ones...right?

·
master bater
1,681 Posts
4-1 has its power band higher up in the rpm range say above 6-7k, the 4-2-1 give its power gains lower in the power band which would be more suited for the b20/21

·
Premium Member
16,766 Posts
good to know, anybody know anything about the pacesetters? are they 4-1, or 4-2-1? im not sure lol...
Go with the Chikara Hedman headers, they have a flexpipe built in and trust me, you will find out why you prefer to have that added flex when you start getting into installin and removing things from underneath your lude.

If you have the money or want to get a good suspension to end all suspensions for this car, then save up the money and come talk to me about the Ksport Kontrol Pro's I had them made for our ludes.

Danny_19 gave the link to the performance upgrade thread and they are in there. Take a look and read up on them. You will not regret getting them.

And welcome to PP.com

1 - 20 of 23 Posts