Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my Lude makes a wierd noise that is pretty noticable inside the cabin and even outside, i realized when I engage the clutch pedal that the noise stops and the car gets quiet again, What can this be? A bearing or a spring on the clutch?

·
12,918 Posts
Yeah, most likely it's the clutch release bearing. They will go bad overtime and you'll probably need to replace it soon.
That is, if the noise is really loud like you're saying it is and you had never noticed it before.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, most likely it's the clutch release bearing. They will go bad overtime and you'll probably need to replace it soon.
That is, if the noise is really loud like you're saying it is and you had never noticed it before.
Will I have to change the whole clutch or just the bearing?

and its sounds like a skate board rolling j_skyline88 lol

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Definitely the release bearing, when was the last time you did your clutch? Because you are gonna have EVERYTHING off anyway, so if its been a long time and a lotta miles since your last clutch was put in, you might as well throw a new clutch in, and most kits come with the release bearing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definitely the release bearing, when was the last time you did your clutch? Because you are gonna have EVERYTHING off anyway, so if its been a long time and a lotta miles since your last clutch was put in, you might as well throw a new clutch in, and most kits come with the release bearing.
its been like 2 years LOL so yea I guess it was time for it. Any brands or types you recomend?

·
12,918 Posts
I recommend Honda, but it's your choice :D

But yeah, the release bearing should've been replaced with the clutch. If it's only been two years you should probably still put a new clutch in but keep your old clutch anyways as a spare.. or sell it as being used.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
i mean you can go with honda, but there are a lot of GREAT aftermarket clutches that are quite a bit cheaper, I personally have the Clutchmasters stage 1, and love it, but since I just boosted, we'll see how long it lasts, I had an exedy, and I personally didnt have a good experience, but all I hear from other people are good things. Check ebay for an exedy one, you can get packages with flywheels for awesome prices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts