Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im doing an auto to manual swap on a 91 ex-b21. Does the manual dash cluster just bolt and plug right in?

Ive heard talk about a neutral safety switch on doing an auto to manual swap.. what is this about and what do i have to do?

im using an 88-89 manual tranny(d2j5) and there is what looks like a speedometer cable.. on my automatic there was no speedometer cable and my speedometer didnt not work? where do i plug the speedometer cable on my transmission?

If i lose the cat and straight pipe my exhaust will my engine throw a code to my ECU? im already using the pace setter header.

·
Registered
224 Posts
There is no cable on a 90\91 prelude.It's electronic speed sensor.
You have to get a speed sensor from 90 91 manual tranny and then take apart both sensors and switch your 89 speedo cable shaft onto your 90 sensor.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ive heard talk about a neutral safety switch on doing an auto to manual swap.. what is this about and what do i have to do?
a. Starter(?): There are 2 larger black/white wires that you'll need to crimp together to start the car.

This is a quote from the auto to manual write-up in the sticky's.Learn to use them,members have spent countless hours gathering info and posting their results so we can have this usefull information at our disposal.It would be an insult to them not to use it.

Here is the direct link to the auto to manual conversion write-up:
http://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?p=606138

Your welcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts