Honda Prelude Forum banner

Lost to a Hyundai

3K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  hnguy4 
#1 · (Edited)
and no, it wasnt a genesis, it wasnt even a tiburon

Cant believe im even admitting to this, but it was an accent. This has to be some kind of record, since when do hyundai accents pull 2.1 60' times and run 14s?

I want to know what was done to this thing

Here is the run, keep in mind, this isnt my best run ever or anything, but it was ok. I pulled a 2.35 60' and ran a 15.45 @ 91.8 mph (damn heavy 17s slowing me down!)

But either way, i have NEVER seen or heard of a hyundai accent pulling a 2.1 60' and running 14.7 @ 96 mph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoZAGl5ogkQ

#7 ·
PWNage to the max. I hope none of your friends were there to see it.
I actually have seen an Elantra with two trannies and engines. I'm not kidding, it pulled stupid 1/4mile times.
yeah everybody saw it.

Fuck my prelude, its always the slowest thing at the track. Im so sick and tired of my prelude it isnt even funny

#5 ·
Well i know the car was gutted completely and had drag radials, but i just talked to a friend who knows a little about the car, and it has a 2.0 motor swap from a tiburon. So, no wonder it was quick. I definately underestimated that little car

#20 ·
That was all me. unfortunately.

I have only run at the track on my 17s once before. There is a HUGE difference in performance. The stock wheels/tires are a good 6 pounds lighter a piece, plus its a totally different launch on the 17s. My car doesnt wheel hop at all on stock wheels with snow tires.

I still pulled a 2.3 60' with all that hopping though

#33 ·
i feel your pain man..i tried to take a hyundai azera in the burn lane a couple weeks ago..the old guy wouldn't let me take him, LOL..the lude IS slow off the line, especially with my 4AT..but nevertheless, i love my car and would rather be a little slow off the line than look like a piece of shit. once i graduate and get a job too i'm gonna work on its performance also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.