Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill go ahead and admit that I'm a youngster and I am broke most of the time lol.. I know a little about a lot if that makes sense. My first car was a 93 Prelude. It was a Vtec si H22A that my Dad and I designed... super clean, very basic with my own touches but I just kept it classy. I maintained it with a fine tooth comb but it seemed to have so many minor problems and it wasn't always reliable. Just random problems that I assumed id have for driving a 21 year old car. I had to get rid of it about a year ago but I'm looking for another one. I know I pretty much had the cream of the crop with motors but I want some more knowledge of the different sizes and what would be a little more reliable than others. Just some overall information on what I should look for, your own experiences. Just help on gaining a little more knowledge on preludes.

Thanks!

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,274 Posts
Start reading through build threads, go through every article you can online, and hang out with the local Honda heads.

There's so much to learn and so much to know that it would be impossible to just have answers, it's a knowledge base you build up over years of experience.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You should have kept that car. Fixing all the little pain in the ass problems would have added alot to your knowledge and abilities. It would also have provided a sense of accomplishment and confidence which would have allowed you to pursue more involved
repairs. And all those repairs would have added to not only knowledge about that particular car, but also mechanical and electric wisdom in general. Like the guy above said, nothing like experience. Love that M-3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts