Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an 89 prelude 4ws and I need a couple basic things. I need the seals that go around the frame of the door (From what I could gather most places call it a door channel run). I need one for each door I was wondering where I might be able to find them, and what websites are reliable, they all seem to be discontinued. Can I go somewhere to have them custom made? Next is a dashboard, however this is not a priority, I have not seen many, if any pop up for sale. Lastly, I need help on the routing of coolant hoses that take coolant to and from the heater core. Previous owners broke the valve and routed it in a stupid way, and am not sure where the input and output hoses are supposed to go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the seals and dash, you might have to look at salvage yards as an option. I attached a pic of the cooling system. Hope that's what you were looking for!
Thank you this gives me some of what I need. There is an input and an output for the heater hose on the firewall, this only shows one of the hoses, and not which hose is which. It does give me a rough idea. Also, seals are impossible to get in good condition at the junk yards, mainly because there are no 3rd gens in the yards near me, much less ones with good 30-year-old seals.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be able to get your actual photos in two weeks when I go to pick up my prelude. It's all original and should give you exactly what you need.
That would be a life saver. I am in no rush, the engine is out and waiting for parts. But if you could send me photos it would really make my life easier

·
Registered
31 Posts
So I have an 89 prelude 4ws and I need a couple basic things. I need the seals that go around the frame of the door (From what I could gather most places call it a door channel run). I need one for each door I was wondering where I might be able to find them, and what websites are reliable, they all seem to be discontinued. Can I go somewhere to have them custom made? Next is a dashboard, however this is not a priority, I have not seen many, if any pop up for sale. Lastly, I need help on the routing of coolant hoses that take coolant to and from the heater core. Previous owners broke the valve and routed it in a stupid way, and am not sure where the input and output hoses are supposed to go.
If the door channels are the same as on the '91s I might have 1 for the drivers door. It's out at my storage unit so If you can let me know if they're the same I can go get it but I don't want to drive out there if it won't fit. I also have a bunch of other parts for the same door if you need them and they fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts