Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found one so far, but it's $177.00 and I was hoping to find a cheaper one. Any help here ?

·
Registered
840 Posts
why do u guys keep makin these need suggestions on NON 3rd gen mechanical/mod stuff????
no wonder our truly in need of answers posts keep gettin bumped off the fuckin hell...

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
why a lightweight? is a 1 lb difference going to make you that much slower?

why even a tow hook? are you going to race? If not you dont need it other than liking to get made fun of because if you need a tow hook on the street that means your car breaks down a lot or your a wannabe racer/ricer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
why do u guys keep makin these need suggestions on NON 3rd gen mechanical/mod stuff????
no wonder our truly in need of answers posts keep gettin bumped off the fuckin hell...

You can kiss my rear bumper.

Preludesi_2004 said:
why a lightweight? is a 1 lb difference going to make you that much slower?

why even a tow hook? are you going to race? If not you dont need it other than liking to get made fun of because if you need a tow hook on the street that means your car breaks down a lot or your a wannabe racer/ricer.

Dumb and dumber, huh ? :rolleyes2:

Lightweight tow hitch: in ENGLISH, means a hitch to pull lightweight loads.

And, as a matter of fact, I do race...a 29 hp Leopard Race Kart that will beat your Prelude in any race, and my 460 wheel hp Audi that has been on race tracks all over the country and in 'Super Street, EuroTuner, and European Car magazines for the last three years solid.

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
Z-dog said:

ok.... well if you read my post and answered my question i could help you.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Z-dog said:

Dumb and dumber, huh ? :rolleyes2:

Lightweight tow hitch: in ENGLISH, means a hitch to pull lightweight loads.

And, as a matter of fact, I do race...a 29 hp Leopard Race Kart that will beat your Prelude in any race, and my 460 wheel hp Audi that has been on race tracks all over the country and in 'Super Street, EuroTuner, and European Car magazines for the last three years solid.

well congratulations , now go away , as of now you have created a thread that is completly useless to anyone. you race a kart and have a alleged" 460whp audi and yet u dont know wtf prices go for a fuckin "lightweight tow" hitch??
pull your brains out of your ass and stop making useless posts. search the fuckin internet for similar products and get an idea of what your looking at , dont be lazy

·
Premium Member
17,737 Posts
scyclone said:
well congratulations , now go away , as of now you have created a thread that is completly useless to anyone. you race a kart and have a alleged" 460whp audi and yet u dont know wtf prices go for a fuckin "lightweight tow" hitch??
pull your brains out of your ass and stop making useless posts. search the fuckin internet for similar products and get an idea of what your looking at , dont be lazy
Sir, yes SIR

You tell that n00b who is bosss

btw, it's not you

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
Z-dog said:
uhhh... a hitch is a mod.

i have a hitch. its a classI and weighs at least 40 lbs.
and its for the lude. need to dig it out tomorrow. if its not still storming and raining.

take a few pics...may just sell it.

but not responsible for the trailer weight deforming the ass of the lude when you hit the brakes. the car cant really tow.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CADster said:
uhhh... a hitch is a mod.

i have a hitch. its a classI and weighs at least 40 lbs.
and its for the lude. need to dig it out tomorrow. if its not still storming and raining.

take a few pics...may just sell it.

but not responsible for the trailer weight deforming the ass of the lude when you hit the brakes. the car cant really tow.
First: THANKS

Second: Thanks, I am interested in buying if you are selling,...I am negotiating with another kind Luder who sent me a pm on his hitch though.

·
Registered
711 Posts
i really dont wanna sound like an ass....but why would u want to even tow stuff with a prelude???

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
i bought it to tow a 12' john boat long ago. hooking it to my truck put the trailer wheels almost off the ground :D
and there was no way in hell i was getting a dropped hitch for my truck. those things destroy your ground clearance.

the lude had the ability to pull it but the suspension cant handle hardly any added weight. the way the hitch mounts to the lude is just scary as hell to me. mine bolted under the rear where the tow hook goes and it hangs down very low. add this to the rear sagging when a trailer is added and its SCR8PN ;)

you got to remember, my lude was just a gas saving daily driver for seveal years. a to b transpo was it.

so i just sold the trailer and loaded the boat into the bed of the truck and tied it down, but the boats sold now as well.

mine hitch even has the twin dimples to clear the exhaust (stock exhaust)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
91lude4ws said:
i really dont wanna sound like an ass....but why would u want to even tow stuff with a prelude???
I want to use my Prelude to tow my race kart. With a small flatbed trailer, it is a whopping 350-400 pounds to pull. Plus, it is only five miles each way to the track, on side streets.

When I tow my race car, I use a F350 diesel. Got it all handled.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
shit just drive it the 5 miles on the back roads...... not like there are any cops around, and.... if you have a F350 then why the fuck not just use that...?

so lets see here

Race kart
Audi 460whp
Race Car
F350 pickup
3rd gen Prelude

and cant afford that 177 dollar hitch for the lude

i smell fish

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
the truck is too tall. it was the same with my little john boat.
the truck also sucks the go juice... mine does.

hell, i dont know anyone who would want to pay almost 200 bucks for 3 pieces of steel welded together with a tounge added.

·
Donating Mem..car fanatic
340 Posts
91lude4ws said:
As he said...towing his kart, or many autocross/driving event enthusiasts use small trailers to tow track tires...(considered this myself, but I would fabricate one that could be quickly removed at the track).

I think I would just buy a small 4-cyl pickup truck to throw the kart/race gear in the back of to haul to the track...plus you could go to other events that are more than the 5 mile trip.

Cheers!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
cgm12mgc said:
shit just drive it the 5 miles on the back roads...... not like there are any cops around, and.... if you have a F350 then why the fuck not just use that...?

so lets see here

Race kart
Audi 460whp
Race Car
F350 pickup
3rd gen Prelude

and cant afford that 177 dollar hitch for the lude

i smell fish

I have a couple other luxury cars as well. I'm sure that's a problem for you too, so I should add that I have a huge house also :turn:

I am not close to your age, that's probably the issue here. I have worked longer than you and have more toys.

Welcome to the good 'ol USA where you can work your butt off and have these things too !

Btw,you are as dumb to make judgments about strangers on the web as the first two guys who posted in this thread.

Where did I say I couldn't afford the hitch ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cidgrad130 said:
As he said...towing his kart, or many autocross/driving event enthusiasts use small trailers to tow track tires...(considered this myself, but I would fabricate one that could be quickly removed at the track).

I think I would just buy a small 4-cyl pickup truck to throw the kart/race gear in the back of to haul to the track...plus you could go to other events that are more than the 5 mile trip.

Cheers!

THANK you for one of the only constructive posts about anything I have ever asked about on this forum. I wish more people were like this.

I do not want to buy another utility vehicle; I've sold two in the last two months, and I am always prowling for other sports cars (eyes on a used Lotus Elise V8 twin turbo :devil:

The Prelude was purchased because it is a perfect small utility vehicle for me that is FUN to drive. I've had enough SUV's to last forever, and I can always fall back on the big rig if I need it. This car can be part of my 'mini race rig'. F350 + 24' trailer is not so handy for around town !

Btw, where do you track the Prelude ? I am curious where it might be competitive. I swore that I wouldn't mod this car, damnit !

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
hmmm im actually rather suprised I believe cadster is the ONLY one with constructive thoughts in here. you guys seriously need to shut up if you dont have nothin helpful to say. who cares if he has what he says or not has ntohing to do with this post. This post is about finding a trailor hitch for the lude which is a legit question.
I tell you what ive looked around for one so I can pull my jetski with it which adds about no weight I move it around with 1 hand. Everyone that is cluttering up this thread is making jack asses of themselves.

SO does anyone actually know where to find one for cheap? Ive actually looked and wasnt even able to find one I had some places see if they could order some but they couldnt find anything for a 3g lude

1 - 20 of 38 Posts