Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey i'm new to the site and checking up on the 4th gens. I'm looking for you opinions on this 'lude.

Here's the ad: http://lespac.com/search/detail.php?cp=0&region=&gr=12&majalerte=&a=4351354&o=%2Fsearch%2Findex.php&r=2231&liste_ville=&liste_region=&parindex=0&page=1&total=262&nbrpages=22&visite_recherche=&categorie_titre=&orderby=distance&mots=prelude&tr=4&distancemax=0&agemax=0&catgr=C0-12&yf=0&yt=0&prixfrom=De...&prixto=%C0...&offre=t&etatb=t

Alright, it's a '94 SRV with 195000 km. Comes with the 17" rims and leather. He's asking $8000 (yikes). I'm going to see it tonight and i've read up on the "problems to look for" threads. I'm pretty sure it is a summer driven car only, explaining the price tag. I'll be back on tonight to give an update.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ouch, that is high mileage! Check out the nada/kelly price on that to help with haggling. I have a 94 VTEC, purchased with 75k, and I paid $7500 for it, and that was $1000 over KBB.

·
Registered
18 Posts
yeah, thats a little too high. I bought a 93 Lude with 60km h23 for 3500 certified and e tested and thats in ottawa so id try haggling him down for it

·
The Good Stuff
3,587 Posts
Mine had right at 99K miles and I paid $6,100 USD. Make sure the timing belt has been changed because mine wasn't and I coulda prolly talked the price down a few more hundred bucks...

·
Registered
513 Posts
if its in mint condition, that price tag is not too bad at all, cause remember, in canada, ludes are a little more expensive then in the usa, so alot of people on here are goin to tell you that the price is way to high, but its not too bad at all, but thats saying if the car is in mint, and the timing belt has been changed like what was mentioned above.
but the km's are a little high, talk him down a bit for that, my 92 has 209000which is average, so the km are about 15000 above mnormal, not bad but a little high

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update!

Update: The reason for the high price is because the car is in MINT condition. The exterior and interior are perfect, so paint flaws at all except for a small amount of rust around the rear wheelwells. The leather seats have been treated regularly and are not ripped or torn at all. The motor is also perfect. No rust in the engine bay, and all the major things (radiator, t-belt, waterpump...) have been changed. It has some mild upgrades (cold air intake, complete exhaust). The front brake assemblies where changed - all new parts. The rims are enekies and the tires are brand new also, there is less than 500km on these rims/tires and not a scratch. The car was put in storage over the last two winters at least (he didn't know about the previous owner(s)). Only one probelm....It was SOLD :-( The buyer hasn't paid the $$ yet, so he took my name and # if it doesn't work out. If i'm lucky at all, what should i offer for it?? I was thinking around $7000 (canadian)... Is that too much?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Not much rust in the wheel well? I don't have ANY, that could be a haggling point. Here is my best advise. Take the car to your local Honda dealership and have them do a 100 pt inspection. They will make sure everything really is working well, and that the guy isn't bs'ing you. If he says no, offer to follow him while he drops it off. If he still says no, i would be suspicious...what is he trying to hide? At the dealership they can run your vin and see every repair done to the car. If he wont let you take it, try to get that to check his story, you may want to get this even if you do take it to the shop. Additionally, ask to see receipts of oil changes and maintenance stuff, just to double check his story.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sexy94vtec said:
Not much rust in the wheel well? I don't have ANY, that could be a haggling point. Here is my best advise. Take the car to your local Honda dealership and have them do a 100 pt inspection. They will make sure everything really is working well, and that the guy isn't bs'ing you. If he says no, offer to follow him while he drops it off. If he still says no, i would be suspicious...what is he trying to hide? At the dealership they can run your vin and see every repair done to the car. If he wont let you take it, try to get that to check his story, you may want to get this even if you do take it to the shop. Additionally, ask to see receipts of oil changes and maintenance stuff, just to double check his story.
Thanks a lot, i'll do that if he calls me back. I haven't bought a vehicle before (except for my '91 GMC sierra beater ~ $1000 cdn) so i haven't thought of this. As for the rust, it's barely bubbling the paint, and up here in canada with the amount of salt they put on the roads, it's nothing. I'll still see if i can get him down a bit with that anyway.

Phil

·
Registered
114 Posts
I bought a stock driven 96 vtec with only 77k original miles on it for $5400 USD. Granted, I walked away with a steal, but over $7000 USD for a '94 with 120k miles seems a little high in my eyes...

·
Registered
513 Posts
shadowed said:
I bought a stock driven 96 vtec with only 77k original miles on it for $5400 USD. Granted, I walked away with a steal, but over $7000 USD for a '94 with 120k miles seems a little high in my eyes...
HES NOT PAYIN 7000 DOLLARS U.S.
did you read the very first post?? its 7000 CAD
and the cars in canada so its a little more expensive then in the states

·
Registered
114 Posts
kokanee27 said:
HES NOT PAYIN 7000 DOLLARS U.S.
did you read the very first post?? its 7000 CAD
and the cars in canada so its a little more expensive then in the states
Except you're wrong. Mighty nice way to reply when you're wrong too.

The guy is asking $8000 CAD. Which quicksilver said is roughly $7100 USD.

Maybe you should read twice before barking back. :plain:

·
Registered
513 Posts
shadowed said:
Except you're wrong. Mighty nice way to reply when you're wrong too.

The guy is asking $8000 CAD. Which quicksilver said is roughly $7100 USD.

Maybe you should read twice before barking back. :plain:
wanna rethink that "read twice" comment??

quiksilver said:
If i'm lucky at all, what should i offer for it?? I was thinking around $7000 (canadian)... Is that too much?
this is the comment i was referring to

EDIT: I REALIZED Y MISTAKE, I THOUGHT HE MENTIONED THE7000OFFER IN THE FIRT POST, BUT REALIZED HE didNT

but back on to topic
sorry to hear that it might be sold,
same thing happened to me, found an amazing car, but an offer had alreayd out down that i couldnt match.
but if its not, offer 7000, and try and stay as firm as possible on that number,
and use the kms/rust to your advantage

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have a 4th gen.. and love it.

I've tried to sell it, but I can't.

It's an all around good car. Very nice looks.. I always get compliments.. great sound, good stock performance, etc.

It's a pretty good platform for modifying if you can find the parts.

The ONLY downside, is that it dents easily. I'm going to get one of those ding kings because my car needs it badly.. lol.

·
::Decepticon make-over::
661 Posts
WOW, Is vtec that expensive an upgrade? Then again, I got my 94 s for 2,000$ so im not talking about the same car...

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
dude didnt you say "mint condition"????? rust doesnt count as "mint condition" i know its a common happening in canada.....but rust doesnt count as flawless or mint condition.....and for that many miles...thats over priced.......canadian dollars or us dollars

1 - 18 of 18 Posts