Honda Prelude Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, for the last year I have been scouring the web looking for a '90-'91 4ws prelude. I recently found one in Opelika, AL. I talked with the guy originally, and all was well until I started talking price, he suddenly quite communicating and soon he took the craigslist add down. That was about four months ago. Today I found that he had put the add back up, and I immediately started trying to contact him. I tried with 2 texts, a phone call, and then one more text. He finally texted me on the third text saying " I done sold the car". Does anyone have any suggestions. Could someone try contacting the guy and see if it is a scam?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone knows where I can get a prelude please let me know. I don't think i would be possible for me to do a 4ws swap due to limited time.

·
Registered
205 Posts
4WS swap isn't too bad from what I hear. I can find plenty of preludes, but 4WS is a tall order these days.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4WS swap isn't too bad from what I hear. I can find plenty of preludes, but 4WS is a tall order these days.
It's not the work, it's the time really. I've found several, even aught willing to drive from south Florida to meet me. Another guy with one that needs a motor to be put back in, but time is the issue. I mean the time thing could change. But with work two kids and my eg project, it's kinda limited

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Last summer I tried to buy the same 4WS in Alabama that you're talking about. Exactly as you described the guy would not communicate with me after a few phone conversations. I was even ready to buy a one-way ticket to get there and then drive the Lude home.the passenger mirror that had been torn off and also a dent in the trunk lid. After a week or so trying to contact him I used a friend's phone and he picked right up. He gave me all kinds of excuses. His name is Don I believe.

So I continued on my search using ad Hunter pretty much every day and finally found a nice black 91 4WS with a bad motor in California. The person I bought it from was an aviation Tech and could not have been nicer guy.

My advice to you is to keep searching and be patient. Some nice ones come up in my area every once in awhile if I happen upon one I will pass the link to you. Good luck and don't give up

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last summer I tried to buy the same 4WS in Alabama that you're talking about. Exactly as you described the guy would not communicate with me after a few phone conversations. I was even ready to buy a one-way ticket to get there and then drive the Lude home.the passenger mirror that had been torn off and also a dent in the trunk lid. After a week or so trying to contact him I used a friend's phone and he picked right up. He gave me all kinds of excuses. His name is Don I believe.

So I continued on my search using ad Hunter pretty much every day and finally found a nice black 91 4WS with a bad motor in California. The person I bought it from was an aviation Tech and could not have been nicer guy.

My advice to you is to keep searching and be patient. Some nice ones come up in my area every once in awhile if I happen upon one I will pass the link to you. Good luck and don't give up
That's the one! It's very frustrating. He actually says to ask for Jr. Thanks for some encouragement?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I will be listing my '90 4ws for sale shortly. I aquired the car last summer with a badly dented right rear quarter panel. Welded in a new panel (done correctly) and then sanded the whole car down and had it professionally sprayed.

In the last 8 months I have addressed every single delayed maintenance item I could. Flushed all the fluids, New timing belt/idler/WP and cam seals, new radiator and heater hoses, rebuilt distributor and cam sensor (oil leaks), full tune, new wires, plugs, cap/rotor (Bosch/NGK), new shocks all the way around, new master cylinder, converted to R134 AC, new rotors and pads up front (rears good), new muffler, new speakers/head unit, deep cleaned and detailed interior. I am sure I am missing some other stuff.

Car came from a good friend who owned it for many years. He had the typical B21 piston ring failures so he installed a '89 B20A5 long block. He did it right, and it runs perfectly. I was building it for myself so I spared nothing in it's restoration. I am selling it so that I can generate some cash to invest into real estate rentals to bolster my severely lacking retirement portfolio. I am unsure what I am going to ask for it. It is VERY clean and in fantastic shape. Totally un-molested by tuners and teens. Shoot me a PM if you want to chat about it. I have a couple of things to finish on it before I officially list it, but it should be done in a couple of weeks. I have been driving the car regularly as did the previous owner. 172k on the car, 130(ish)k on the motor. Compression is great, burns no oil (only synthetics used).

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm thinking about selling mine.

Red 1991 Si 4WS & ABS that functions. Yes, it has both, I put the 4ws system on an ABS lude.

252k miles on the body, rust on the rear quarters but fixable (not by me, I f'kin hate bodywork).

125k on the engine itself, and in tip top condition.

Lightened flywheel, Stage 1 clutch, SS brake lines, upgraded rotors, fresh air intake, Pacesetter headers, stock exhaust because my head started to hurt from the Thermal I had (or I got old, whichever).
Bored throttle body w/ spacer.
Wired deck/door speakers to a 4x100 Rockford amp. Battery in trunk with 0/1 wire running to a fuse/distribution block in the engine bay. 135 amp alternator.

Power everything & a clock cover whaaat!?

I'm in Virginia.
Like I said, I'm thinking about selling it...for the right offer. Otherwise I'll keep it for my kids who are driving in a few years.

Danny

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be listing my '90 4ws for sale shortly. I aquired the car last summer with a badly dented right rear quarter panel. Welded in a new panel (done correctly) and then sanded the whole car down and had it professionally sprayed.

In the last 8 months I have addressed every single delayed maintenance item I could. Flushed all the fluids, New timing belt/idler/WP and cam seals, new radiator and heater hoses, rebuilt distributor and cam sensor (oil leaks), full tune, new wires, plugs, cap/rotor (Bosch/NGK), new shocks all the way around, new master cylinder, converted to R134 AC, new rotors and pads up front (rears good), new muffler, new speakers/head unit, deep cleaned and detailed interior. I am sure I am missing some other stuff.

Car came from a good friend who owned it for many years. He had the typical B21 piston ring failures so he installed a '89 B20A5 long block. He did it right, and it runs perfectly. I was building it for myself so I spared nothing in it's restoration. I am selling it so that I can generate some cash to invest into real estate rentals to bolster my severely lacking retirement portfolio. I am unsure what I am going to ask for it. It is VERY clean and in fantastic shape. Totally un-molested by tuners and teens. Shoot me a PM if you want to chat about it. I have a couple of things to finish on it before I officially list it, but it should be done in a couple of weeks. I have been driving the car regularly as did the previous owner. 172k on the car, 130(ish)k on the motor. Compression is great, burns no oil (only synthetics used).

Wow that would be perfect boise is pretty far though?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Red 1991 Si 4WS & ABS that functions. Yes, it has both, I put the 4ws system on an ABS lude.

252k miles on the body, rust on the rear quarters but fixable (not by me, I f'kin hate bodywork).

Lightened flywheel, Stage 1 clutch, SS brake lines, upgraded rotors, fresh air intake, Pacesetter headers, stock exhaust because my head started to hurt from the Thermal I had (or I got old, whichever).
Wired deck/door speakers to a 4x100 Rockford amp. Battery in trunk with 0/1 wire running to a fuse/distribution block in the engine bay. 135 amp alternator.

I'm in Virginia.
Like I said, I'm thinking about selling it...for the right offer. Otherwise I'll keep it for my kids who are driving in a few years.

Danny
This would be a great car as well, 2000 is about the best I can do. That's probably low for you

·
Registered
3 Posts
selling 1990 4WS Prelude

Hello all... Im looking to sell a 90 Prelude to an appreciative owner. I moved to Portland OR, last year and purchased this vehicle shortly after. I have always owned honda in the past, so naturally i felt fairly safe with buying another. Unfortunately, the car I chose is in need of slightly more TLC than i can give her at the moment. I live in an apartment, and no access to a garage in Portland, or a decent mechanic. The engine only has 147,000, so im sure this car has plenty of life left in the right hands. The car handles great and shifts smooth. The engine has no knocks or anything severe, but could use some adjustments. The car idles high when cold, and sometimes will jump/rev a couple hundred rpms while cold or in park. Also the check engine light came on a month ago. I have since decided to bike to work, and I really do not need a vehicle anymore so I have decided to sell it. I would like to gauge interest in this vehicle. Im willing to sell for fair offer to someone who will get the car back to its glory. Super cool ride. Email me at [email protected] with any questions...

Andrew

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I'm in Virginia.

Danny
Danny would you mind posting pic and a price?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. I'm looking to sell my 1990 red 4WS. I have only owned the car for a year, but have decided to not use a vehicle here in Portland, OR. I wish I had more time to dedicate to making/keeping this car awesome. But I do not have a garage in the city, or have a mechanic I trust, so I'm moving on. I'm hoping someone who appreciates this vehicle will purchase it. 147,000 miles. Feel free to email with any questions.. [email protected]

Thanks,

Andrew

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello. I'm looking to sell my 1990 red 4WS. I have only owned the car for a year, but have decided to not use a vehicle here in Portland, OR. I wish I had more time to dedicate to making/keeping this car awesome. But I do not have a garage in the city, or have a mechanic I trust, so I'm moving on. I'm hoping someone who appreciates this vehicle will purchase it. 147,000 miles. Feel free to email with any questions.. [email protected]

Thanks,

You are really pushing this one:) sorry portlandia is way too far for me. If you happen to make a tri to the south east, around tallahasse area, hit me up. id gladly take it off your hands and I promise that ill treat it right.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im in huntsville al and that may be too far for you but I have a few and tons of prelude parts. PM me.
Actually, I go to North, Al quite a bit. Ive got Family in Oneonta, and I'm going to A day next weekend:) so the trips not that bad

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.