Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look what just came to my door last night.

Here is what came in the package, I ordered the sim and the megasquirt I 3.0

Here is the parts to the simulator, in nice organized labeled bags.

After about an hours work I had the sim built from the very detailed instructions on the megaquirt website.

Wasn't very hard the worst time I had was figuring out if the caps and resistors had polarity or if they had to go in a certain way after reading I found they don't, the caps are the nonpolarity type and the resistors don't matter. I can't test my work yet because it needs the megasquirt ecu to work. It looks like it should,.:dontgetit: I will have to try to start to build the ecu this week. And we will be one step closer to fully tuned turbo lude. :devil:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Congrats! Another piece of the puzzle ;)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Congrats Dave! Don't give up on her yet, you've come this far and there's no reason to stop now. I'm STILL sitting on my ass in regards to an engine management system....I am hell bent on the AEM EMS still but it's really hard to find one for a decent price. I'm going to watch your progress with your ecu build and if it goes as well as it sounds I just might have to have you show me whats up. Take care!

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
UK Lude - Greg said:
What is it?

It's a DIY full standalone ECU, $140 for a bag of parts, you solder it into an ECU with every feature the expensive ones have, and some extras they don't.

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Dave,

What does the Sim do for the board? I see it has a seril port. Is that were the connections are for the wire harness?:|

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
The stim plugs into the megasquirt where the engine wiring harness would plug in, and feeds the MS board signals as though it were the engine.

That way you can test the MS operation on the bench, so you know if you have wiring harness problems or ECU problems, and can test functions like boost control or traction control on the bench rather then in the car.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
wow something tells me getting your car converted to obd1 and chipped and tuned sounds alot easier, but good luck

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
The soldering isn't terribly hard, it's just time consuming....

Takes forever from what i've read, i had a friend assemble mine, i suck at soldering :p

Keep us updated!

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
Bobnova said:
It's a DIY full standalone ECU, $140 for a bag of parts, you solder it into an ECU with every feature the expensive ones have, and some extras they don't.
heh...you make it sound so easy

Bobnova said:
i had a friend assemble mine
now we know the rest of the story.

good day

:lol:

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
CADster said:
now we know the rest of the story.

good day

:lol:

You should see my soldering skillz yo.

Terrible is a word that comes to mind... abyssmal is another.

I'm better at welding, which isn't saying much..... What i'm good at is wrenches and magic tricks involving bolts and such.

The friend i had do mine doesn't have any Xtreme Soldering Skillzorz or anything, he's just a lot neater then i am :p

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I worked for about an hour last night and got this far, its the power supply portion and I got 5 volts everywhere I should, so I must be doing something right.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Tell me how it goes cuz i'm probably gettin that kit later this summer. Where did you get yours and how much for everything?

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
glensgarage.com it was 233 I think shipped for both the ecu and simulator. This is the version 3.0 board this is why it costs more, there is a version 2.2 board but it dosn't have the same features.

·
Registered
317 Posts
not bad.. thanks man. i'm gonna get all that plus a wide band O2 at the same time so i can do some fine tuning of the a/f ratio.cuz i'm tuboing next summer at the latest hopefully

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Is that black disk a MOV? What makes soldering hard is a having a crapy iron. I paid about $100 for my wellers wes51 and its worth every penny. Ow and my EDSYN ZD500DX. I get wood just thinking about that thing. That thing is like having self spreading butter!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts