Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Got a couple little questions about my car.

Door creak:
Well everytime i open the drivers door (pass door is fine) there is always a big creaking sound. I know it comes from the little black pin but i was wondering if everyones prelude does that? I was watching neonxii's(Travis) youtube video (turbo setup) and everytime he opened his door it did the same thing. Is this a generic thing? Just want to know if there is any way to fix it.

Clock:
Well after installing my 7' pioneer AVH-P5000DVD monitor and now my digital dash clock is out. I dont really think any wires the deck uses are connected to that clock so i'm not sure why it would go out. If it is as simple as it just being burnt out i can get another clock but i just want to find out if i can fix it.

For you that thought flip-ups didnt work in our dash. (I thought the same when i got it (for christmas) but apparently it works pretty good, it doesnt touch at all, i just had to flip my dash kit around so it mounts on the bottom instead of the top)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Yes i know it block the climate controls but it has a easy adjuster on the screen that angles it so you can get at them. So far i really like it alot.

EDIT: Sorry my car is really dirty in that picture, has since been cleaned out!

·
Registered
786 Posts
if you're ever in my area, i have a shop vac you can borrow.

not sure why clock doesnt work, very weird.

spray some WD-40 on the hinge. it should go away. i did that with my 93 and it went away. then put a pinch of grease on it. it wont come back.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you're ever in my area, i have a shop vac you can borrow.

not sure why clock doesnt work, very weird.

spray some WD-40 on the hinge. it should go away. i did that with my 93 and it went away. then put a pinch of grease on it. it wont come back.
lol i edit'ed the pic saying its been cleaned haha.

Also, for the door, i put a whole bunch of grease on it. I even took the pin out and dipped it in grease and it still does it?

·
Registered
786 Posts
try spraying it with WD-40 first, and it cleans all the dirt and crud off. spray it pretty heavy on there (try to keep it only on the mechanism and not all over your car), then open and close it a few times. the WD-40 will do its work, then lightly grease it. dont get to crazy with the grease of it will get everywhere in the door jam. this worked for me. im not saying its a 100% fix for you, but it does work. i did it too both my 92 and 93 and did wonders. luckily my 94 is not under the squeaky door curse.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
my driver door did it.. i changed my oil and used like 5 drops to coat it.. never came back in over 6 months.. the clock, if you had the clock cover off at any time, you most likely forgot to plug it back in.. i overlooked the plug to the clock a time or 2 in my day.. no big deal.. but if not, you may have something with the cd player wired wrong? idk

·
Registered
109 Posts
just dipped my finger in grease and fixed my door problem easily
my clock went out but so did the stock radio..
turns out it was the colck/radio fuse under the hood
might want to check to see if its blown
it fixed mine

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just dipped my finger in grease and fixed my door problem easily
my clock went out but so did the stock radio..
turns out it was the colck/radio fuse under the hood
might want to check to see if its blown
it fixed mine
Wow i didnt even think about checking the fuse. And Yes at 1 point i did have the dash cover off (was going to install a monitor behind the smoked plastic) but ditched that plan but i made sure everything was working before i put it back together so i know i didnt forget that)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
i also want to know about the clock. mines doesn't work. bought it that way.

also the only speakers that work are my dash speakers so anything to do with that u think? came that way too.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
175 Posts
Like another poster had said about the door squeak, if you spray it with WD-40 it will only go away for a day or two. WD-40 is not a lubricant what so ever. Use the WD-40 to get the gunk off of there then wipe it down and get it clean and then use some grease (graphite works great)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK i'll give the door thing a try. What should I do for the clock? Do you guys think it might be that little white box in the dash (dimmer relay? i think)

·
Registered
175 Posts
OK i'll give the door thing a try. What should I do for the clock? Do you guys think it might be that little white box in the dash (dimmer relay? i think)
Probably not the dimmer if the gauge lights still work. Fuse maybe?? idk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts