Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
i feel ya man, i was in the same situation with a different car. Thats why i went to college =]
Just do what you can, use friends tools, mow lawns or something to raise money lol. I just used my extra money from my college financial aid to buy my lude.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im hoping i cna start getting stuff. if i can get the bulkhead that would be a big dent in the parts. all ide need then is hte bumper support, 2 fenders, hood, and bumper foam and cover. and the fenders and hood are 150 at a salvage in good shape. so im not THAT bad off. its not more money than i can come up with.

i dont think ill be out of it much longer tho

as soon as i got teh money im guna buy the bulkhead.

·
Preludepower Member
2,656 Posts
Sounds good man.
Get a job, make that money - fix the Lude.
Merrily continue...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Prelude4ws13 said:
Sounds good man.
Get a job, make that money - fix the Lude.
Merrily continue...
See the problem i had when i was his age is that without a car it was hard to get a job, really hard but if you can get one more power too you.
Your plan sounds good just stick to it and you'll be up and running in no time.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Amaymi said:
See the problem i had when i was his age is that without a car it was hard to get a job, really hard but if you can get one more power too you.
Your plan sounds good just stick to it and you'll be up and running in no time.
thats the exact problem i have. its hard to get a job without transportation cuz my parents both work full time.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
where do u live? if u are near NJ u can come here and i will hook u up w. the parts u need. i have a driver fender. bumper cover foam. and i may have the bumper support. i dont know if i threw it out. i know i have the front part of the k frame. and some other suspension parts...let me know if u need any help...

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
88_2.0L said:
im hoping i cna start getting stuff. if i can get the bulkhead that would be a big dent in the parts. all ide need then is hte bumper support, 2 fenders, hood, and bumper foam and cover. and the fenders and hood are 150 at a salvage in good shape. so im not THAT bad off. its not more money than i can come up with.

i dont think ill be out of it much longer tho

as soon as i got teh money im guna buy the bulkhead.
whao whoa whoa.....where are you located at?

you shouldnt be spending 150 on fenders and hood.... Around here you can get that for like $10-15 a fender and $25-30 a hood.

It doesnt even look like you need fenders from what i can see. Sure the drivers side has a dent in it but if you just want it back on the road then dont worry about it...

You basically need a bumper support, the foam, the actual bumper(cover), rad support & a hood.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
salvage yard. the pass fender is fucked up, and if im guna replace one. im guna replace both. i need thebulkhead cuz if u look closely its actually broken not just bent. and the crossmemebr is beyond fixing.

plus im being picky cuz im not guna fix it mediocre. im fixing it as good as possible or im not guna fix it at all

I live in Oklahoma.

the fenders an dhood are in perfect condition and no rust either.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
i guess prices are just different.... the ones i see are rust free as well and no damage.

good luck with it....im behind you 100% on doing it the right way.

·
Registered
317 Posts
ToxxicLuder90 said:
whao whoa whoa.....where are you located at?

you shouldnt be spending 150 on fenders and hood.... Around here you can get that for like $10-15 a fender and $25-30 a hood.

It doesnt even look like you need fenders from what i can see. Sure the drivers side has a dent in it but if you just want it back on the road then dont worry about it...

You basically need a bumper support, the foam, the actual bumper(cover), rad support & a hood.
Damn! where do you get YOUR parts from?! over here a hood its self is almost $100! i need to go where ever your goin lol.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
its just a simple Harry's-U-Pull It

theres a few around in PA....i think one in philly, near my old town in pennsburg, and one up here in Hazelton, PA.

the one here in hazelton is supposed to be the largest they have though ....its like 4 or 5 football fields long...and like 2 wide.

im busy for hours just looking at all the cars i need parts off of...then plotting them out on the map, and wheeling the cart around....its rediculous.

Oh and something certain to piss you off....

Everyday they're open they have specials...

some are just better than others....

-any set of wheels $75 w/ or w/o tires.
-any two seats $50

-MOTOR MONDAYS....ANY motor $100

They have tons of other days too for other misc. parts.

Me and my buds get up real early on the motor days and ge there looking for the tuner wrecks that may happen to come in with swaps...like 5 of us running around amongst all the mexicans trying to loot anything valuable.

we've picked up :

2 - V6 Probe GT motor
an H22 with the distributor and valve cover missing
b20 crv motor
3 - 1g 4g63t
hyundia excel motor for our friends sis's car.

& a bunch more....

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bastards. lol

i have a bunch of crap like paintball gusn and stuff ive been trying ot sell. but no luck lol

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
88_2.0L said:
i have a bunch of crap like paintball gusn and stuff ive been trying ot sell. but no luck lol
that was the most random thing ive prolly heard...

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
ToxxicLuder90 said:
its just a simple Harry's-U-Pull It
its called vinces-u-pull-it in CNY. but yea, the prices are about the same

·
Registered
750 Posts
getter done man...we cant have another lude go to lude heaven..they seem to be going left right and center. Just bank as much dough as you possibly can and see if ppl will help you out on getting your parts. post up in the wanted sections.good luck

1 - 17 of 17 Posts