Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yeah, dump the black box on the back of your intake manifold, use a intake tube off a 92-95 civic with a filter for our 2.0. You can cut the end back till it fits, or like myself, relocate the battery to the trunk. On a side note, keep the black box thing on you intake manifold, as if you keep the acutaly the part that goes on the manifold you can cut the bottom off right bellow the bottom mounts and use it as mounting spot for a MSD BTM or something else....

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
MSD box

hmmm nice one Jon just out of interest most of us like to get rid of vac hoses but i see you have added a few what are you using those for??? Some secret power increase device or you been mucking around with something else?? Just curious??

·
Registered
194 Posts
lol I wish they were. To answer both, Those are the vaccum lines that connected to the box originally. I believe some of those are just intake temp and the MAP sensor and such. Its just a vaccum manifold. I believe this was covered else where, but can't we just dump the black box ( the big one by the coil and proportioning valve)?
OP: I used a cdm airnix mushroom filter with said eg civic intake off ebay. With the battery gone, it only rubs against the catch can a little, nothing big though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts