Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to start off my friends said i had a break light out yesterday and so today i get in my car and when i turn my lights on my gauge cluster lights dont come on and my fog lights dont come on and to top it off my tail lights dont work. so its obviously an electrical problem and i checked all my fuses and they are fine. im guessing its the lighting relay but not 100% on that. any input would be awesome guys. i have an msd coil pack as well dont know if that had anything to do with it.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
double check your fuses, cause it sounds like you may have burnt it out. It's under the dash and labeled taillight, but I don't recall how big of a fuse it is. If that's not the issue, you may want to check the long blue plug that's on the front of the fuse panel. See if there's a red/black wire that might be burnt on the connector.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
your dash and tails are on the same circuit. one fuse, under the dash.

the fogs are fused under the hood (IIRC)...but they might need to see the dash/tails on to function properly.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i checked all fuses and i even replaced the tail lights one. could it be the lighting relay? all though i didnt check that long blue plug. ill check that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm having the same problem. The cluster, tail lights and parking lights don't turn on. The tail lights work when i press on the breaks or when i use the turn signals which is fine during the day but I'm stuck like chuck at night.

·
_
2,494 Posts
why didnt you search? we were all diagnosing this problem 2 months ago.

you have a loose connection on your dimmer circuit wire. it should be connected on the under-dash connection area, near the fuses. basically, you'll have to look for this red-with-black-stripe wire on either the front of this thing, or the back of it.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
why didnt you search? we were all diagnosing this problem 2 months ago.

you have a loose connection on your dimmer circuit wire. it should be connected on the under-dash connection area, near the fuses. basically, you'll have to look for this red-with-black-stripe wire on either the front of this thing, or the back of it.
exactly like I suggested a couple post up :Rock:

·
_
2,494 Posts
gotta say things at least twice sometimes. you know.

plus, that's exactly what i said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts