Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as some were wondering(including me) about why the 15lbs flys were made and not 8-12 ones , i inquired them about that and was told that they would need at least a sign up (probable guaranteed) order of 30customers to request these lighter flywheels which would most likely come in aluminum.
this is exactly the answer i got.

"as of now it appears that we will only have the 15 lb units available. We would need 30 or so people interested in order to make a run of aluminum flywheels. If that can be done they could weigh anywhere from 8 - 12 lbs. They would be roughly $250.00 a piece if we did them.
Thats where we stand right now
thanks
--
LSD Sales
562) 220 -2512
877) LSD - MOTORSPORTS
www.lsdmotorsports.com"

im pretty sure alot of you have alredy ordered the 15lb one so i dont think we could get 30pple rounded up for the lighter order because IMO i would wait another few weeks for lighter ones then regret it later on after i alredy purchased and installed the 15lb one.

Either way if any of you will recieve and install the LSD Flys this week plz give us a heads up on how it feels and if its really worth if for 5-7pound loss( i sure hope it will).

thanks

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
a 15lb flywheel will be noticeable in your car. Trust me. You'll cry and bitch to think you went sooo long without one.

As for an aluminum piece.... well I think that's alot of money especially with 30ppl involved. I highly recommend the company that's making them but that's pricey. How about 250 for chromoly fly's?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
team123luder said:
a 15lb flywheel will be noticeable in your car. Trust me. You'll cry and bitch to think you went sooo long without one.

As for an aluminum piece.... well I think that's alot of money especially with 30ppl involved. I highly recommend the company that's making them but that's pricey. How about 250 for chromoly fly's?
pricey? well for once the only ones avaible for the 90-91 ludes are unorthodox which have an outragous price tag of $500 for a 12lb (aluminum i belive) now THATS pricey...but then again i hope the 175 is worth it for the 5pounds just like i said i dont want to regret having it to buy/put it in now and then couple months later lsd or anyoen else deciding they want to make 8-12lb ones , because thats when ill kill myself. i just dont have the time to be taking my car apart every week.... i hope ill get my fly this week if i order it tomorrow and slap it on with my new clutch this weekend

cgm12mgc said:
i love my 8lb fly :)
yeah....that helps..:jehon:

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
tsiah said:
dont go aluminum...it flexes and warps to easily
it can shatter too...bad stuff for flywheels
Yeah. That's the kind of thinking that has led me to believe that maybe a 15 pound steelie isn't such a bad idea. Plus, you can't beat the price. I'm not paying anybody $500 US for a performance flywheel. That's too much, I think. My car isn't a race car, and it never will be. LSD has my vote.

--J

·
Premium Member
17,264 Posts
Hey guys I got all you beet, except for other like myself.

I have a 1lb. Flywheel! So try and beet that!:evil smile:

And its an automatic!!! (They come stock on auto-Ludes.)

Hehehe!!! :)

·
4,349 Posts
A flywheel in an automatic. What will they think of next...

--J

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
1funryd said:
Hey guys I got all you beet, except for other like myself.

I have a 1lb. Flywheel! So try and beet that!:evil smile:

And its an automatic!!! (They come stock on auto-Ludes.)

Hehehe!!! :)
lol, yup, that is true. cept when it comes to weight between auto and manual, you have to include the weight of the flywheel and the clutch in a manual, and the flywheel and torque converter in an auto. and granted auto flys are about 1 or 2 pounds, the torque converter is heavy as hell. but converter/fly combo is still lighter then a stock fly/clutch combo, so HA! lmao. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA GOOOOO AUTO!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeaaaahhhhhh.....

well hell with it

next subject, i read somewhere that LSD was offering CAIs at some point ? do they stil have those ..i emailed them but the answer i got was in the bulk mail and i fuckin deleted it automatically... :crazy:

·
4,349 Posts
In the other flywheel thread, the LSD guy said he was going to put some more third gen shit on the site this weekend. He said he'd put up info on the turbo kit, strut bars, clutch kit. Maybe other stuff too. I think we can expect good things from LSD.

--J

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah its just that i read in the "search " results that the LSD intake came out like 3 months ago ..but never found out how to get one

·
4,349 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
" we will not have any LSD intakes available for the 3rdgeneration Prelude untill we recieve the order of K&N filters in about 2weeks"

pppfffftttt i alredy ordered a 40dolla 94-01teggy CAI :grin:
man i got so much work coming up this weekend...fly/clutch/axels/relocate battery/brusch-wash engine ,engine bay / all motor mounts replace
whoa..i should be able to do it in 1day and a half unless somtn goes wrong "God i hope not ...

·
4,349 Posts
Yikes. It must suck to have to get that stuff finished 'cause it's your only car. My Prelude has been sitting headless in my grandma's garage for the last week or so. I don't think I'd even do shit to that car if I didn't have another one. It makes you rush everything...

--J

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.