Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that alot of people wanted to do this and i found the easiest way to do this. I've found this led strip (ebay) that has 30 leds installed w/ resistors plus they come in different colors too... here is a picture

So i simply just installed them using doublesided tape...

The result...

I've done this before using just regular 5mm white leds that has 360 degree viewing angles but the result was not that impressive in person. There were too many hotspots but in this case the you still see hotspots on 100 to 160 kmh but in person it's not that bad. Just thought i would share this w/ you guys...:smilejap:

·
Banned
5,085 Posts
That's one of the best I have seen. Very nice job.

Can you still dim them with the dimmer switch.

Also do a write yp on how to do this with these strips.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
WOW.

That looks absolutely amazing. Funny cause this dude PMed me yesterday saying that he wondered if I'd swapped my gauges over to white LEDs yet. I haven't cause I've just gotten lazy. Anyone know if that strip would fit just as nice and easy as it does for a 5th gen on a 3rd gen?

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
damnit man, that is what I'm talking about. I can now complete my LED conversion for my cluster

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Hardly Ever There
662 Posts
Dude... totally write this up, and you've got yourself a DIY. Then maybe... just maybe... the gods will grace you with a sticky.

I assume that blue LEDs would work just as well, so if I get a new gauge face-plate, I can makes it t3h blue.

·
UK VTi Motegi bAby!
1,730 Posts
That looks pretty dam cool if u ask me. But too late for me now coz ive just bought some EL Reverse Glow Dials! lol

·
Chatbox Whore
1,570 Posts
hey man, im up in fairfax...maybe we can meet up somewhere and you can help a brother out, for compensation of course, haha. im not too confident with takin my gauges out, scared im gonna mess somethin up...lmk, perhaps we can work somethin out!

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
dang that looks really nice. I keep telling myself the stock orange is fine, and I guess it is. But this looks much cooler. Other colors available in those strips?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
dude if this guys doesn't do a write up i'm doing one within the week cause i just ordered 2 stripes right now after seening this thread.So He better hurry if he wants a sticky!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK guys i'll try to do a write up w/ lots of pictures and also here is a picture of blue that i tried... my camera setting was little weird but it looks much better in person.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
the white looks so much better

1 - 20 of 228 Posts