Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone else done this? Interior Resource thread
I did the moonroof, dimmer switch, and cruise buttons, and they are HELLA sick... I used the blue LED's for them, and it was easier than I thought it would be... If anyone wants the LED size, and the resistor size, they are 5mm LED high intensity ($3.00 - $4.00 at any radio shack), and the resistors are 330ohm ($.99 pack of 5 at radio shack)... That is what I used, and they work great... Very bright!!! I know it is a useless thing, but for the peeps that want to deck out the interior as well, it is a neat addition... Going to work on the ac unit next...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The only the thing the write up could use is a description under the pics, but the pics alone are very easy to follow with out it... I followed the pics when I did my buttons and they are working great... just takes some patience...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe this will help those that are confused about what to do...

Buttons disassembled...

Positive Circuit broken...

Resistor route in yellow...

Soldered and ready...

LED positioning...

Now put the button back together and move on to the next one... You can use any color LED... I used blue...and the one little red one... Would like to see it done in another color with pics...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks... I just added what I think the first write up was needing to give a better decription on "How To", I hope it worked...

I am gonna do my window buttons, and then the a/c ~ heater buttons after... the soldering is the pain in the a**...lol... it took me a minute, but once you get the hang of it, it gets easier...lol

·
I lub Denny one tiem
2,377 Posts
wait.. dont they make LED bulbs for that? its just plug in Bulb#74 i think if im not wrong its that one size bulb that lights up everything on the dash

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Thats pretty slick looking... I might have to try that when i take my vacation from work... it will give me somthing to do.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The OE bulbs are not as bright as the LED upgrade... I checked into it... A high intensity LED is 3 times brighter than the oe replacement bulbs...

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
The OE bulbs are not as bright as the LED upgrade... I checked into it... A high intensity LED is 3 times brighter than the oe replacement bulbs...
I don't think he was talking about OE, they make direct replacement LED bulbs. OEM are incandescent.

Here they are:

·
I lub Denny one tiem
2,377 Posts
i buy all these little bulbs on amazon.com its really good and they come pretty fast

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The LED's are 5mm, and the 330ohm resistors are what comes with an led grill kit that you can get at any auto parts store... the blue high intensity LED's are 3.49 each at radioshack, and the resistors are $.99 for a pack of 5. Red, Yellow, Green LED's are around $1.50 - $3.00 each depending on brightness. The higher the mcs number the brighter the LED.

Hope this helps...

I also did the light for my master power window button on drivers side...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts