Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hadn't been on the site in ages and I was glad to see that thing are still going well here. It does look like the 3g section has slowed down a bit, but people are still posting.

I've finally decided that I'm going to get rid of my Preludes. I've only got 2 left now (from a peak of 4).

Over a year ago my 90 4WS had the hood latch froze and I couldn't get the hood open. Seeing as how it still burns oil (even with the new engine) I stopped driving it. Then the battery died and I haven't looked at much since then.

The other one, a 91 SI has been sitting in the garage half assembled for 7 years now and I just don't have the motivation to put it back together.

Between not driving either of them, and not wanting them to take up so much space in my driveway and garage, I've decided it's the beginning of the end.

I've made a post in the sales section and I hope folks will check out because if I don't find someone to buy them soon, they are both going to go to the junk yard, along with all the various parts and crap I've stored up over the years. (the last one that went to the junk yard was filled with old parts not worth keeping... including an old long block)

I'd also like to mention my appreciation to all of the folks who I've dealt with over the years. Generally speaking, people are very helpful and offer some really great advise and opinions. Many people over the years have helped me learn more about working on cars and preludes in particular. So thanks to all of you.

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good call, although I don't use Facebook normally. I have one person who may be interested so I'll see where that goes first.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Sad to hear Tom, I hope they go to good homes

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
It's always sad to see people go, but I understand. I've left three times now, lol. I'd say you'll be back, but with replacement parts for 3rd gens drying up it's less likely as it would have been 10 years ago. Good luck with whatever you're driving instead.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
You get that hanger queen of yours out of the garage yet?
I built a bike this winter/ spring, now I'm working on the new motor for my hanger queen :smilejap:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I built a bike this winter/ spring, now I'm working on the new motor for my hanger queen :smilejap:
You finish that Honda you had? Cool.

Good to hear your working on the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts