Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up PP.
So I noticed an oil leak from my '97 Base a few days ago. I took it to my shop this morning to find out that the 'o-ring' from the oil filter housing was bad. My mechanic sais he doesn't have any in stock so I call the local Honda Dealership in Brooklyn. The sales representative sais " Nope sorry, we don't have any in stock. Try a different dealership"
So I called another dealership and guess what?? They didn't have one in stock either. My mechanic ended up finding one that looked similar to the one that goes on the car but tells me to order one from Honda just to be on the safe side. (which I was going to do anyways)
Okay here comes the good part.....I take my car off the lift, pay the mechanic and drive to the 1st Honda Dealership I called due to it being really close to where I live. I ask the guy to order me 2 o-rings and he turns around and sais to me " Give me a second and i'll check the back to see if we have any because the computer is showing we're out of stock." A few moments go by and guess what...HE COMES OUT WITH THEM!!! I start fuming by telling them I just called them 30 mins ago while my car was on the lift and they said they were out of stock....the guy sitting down next to the one helping me sais "Ooh that was me you talked to...Sorry I guess I looked up the wrong thing"
I buy the o-rings, go BACK to my mechanic and installs it. No more Oil leak.

Sorry for such the long post but I had to get that off my
chest....Damn do I hate dealing with STEALERSHIPS!!!!!
:bsflag:

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
*sigh* gotta love it man. I feel your pain. That's strange they told you to look it up at another delearship. Typically most places would call for you and find out. Lazy.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
lol... I did that one day. Some dude called a shop i worked at asking for a certain product... I sat on the computer checking my old myspace... short story, dude is on his cell phone sitting outside the shop in his car... I got CAAUGHT!!!

he asked to get a product, i said let me check, put the phone down, read on the computer,come back and say sry brahh, nothing in the back.

·
_
2,494 Posts
that's all they do is fuck up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*sigh* gotta love it man. I feel your pain. That's strange they told you to look it up at another delearship. Typically most places would call for you and find out. Lazy.
I know. and the best part is when I was in there, I asked how busy they've been and they said I was the 1st person to walk in there in an hour. :???:

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
I know. and the best part is when I was in there, I asked how busy they've been and they said I was the 1st person to walk in there in an hour. :???:

*lol* sounds like a bunch of punk-kids running it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
OP, how much did your mechanic charge to replace the o-ring? I'm thinking of finding a local lube place to change it for me when I get an oil change done.

·
Bearderator
8,519 Posts
Shift control solenoid C went out on my prelude's transmission. Went to the local dealership because they said they had the part. Got there, wrong part. They offered to order the right one. Part came in, wrong part again. They promise me they'll order the right price, and so I have piece of mind they give me the different price for the correct part, and tell me yes the terminal connector will be black, not brown. Part comes in, brown terminal, shift control solenoid B #3. I end up going to Rhode Island to get the part cause no dealership in Southern Mass has it, or the common sense to order the right part.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
*lol* sounds like a bunch of punk-kids running it.
Sad Part is, all of the guys are in their Late 30's, Mid 40's LOL......

OP, how much did your mechanic charge to replace the o-ring? I'm thinking of finding a local lube place to change it for me when I get an oil change done.
I paid $3.00 for each O-ring and my mechanic changed it for $25.00(Basically an hour charge for labor even though it only took like 20 minutes)

at least the guy was man enough to admit it was him that told you a lie
Yea I was suprised at that. To be honest with you if I was in that position, I wouldn't admit to anything Hahaa....

Shift control solenoid C went out on my prelude's transmission. Went to the local dealership because they said they had the part. Got there, wrong part. They offered to order the right one. Part came in, wrong part again. They promise me they'll order the right price, and so I have piece of mind they give me the different price for the correct part, and tell me yes the terminal connector will be black, not brown. Part comes in, brown terminal, shift control solenoid B #3. I end up going to Rhode Island to get the part cause no dealership in Southern Mass has it, or the common sense to order the right part.
Gatta love it. It's a shame that this sh*t happens all over the place...

·
Registered
133 Posts
lol... I did that one day. Some dude called a shop i worked at asking for a certain product... I sat on the computer checking my old myspace... short story, dude is on his cell phone sitting outside the shop in his car... I got CAAUGHT!!!

he asked to get a product, i said let me check, put the phone down, read on the computer,come back and say sry brahh, nothing in the back.
lol that is some funny shit. How did you explain that one?

I remember once my boss had promised some customer a computer part. Forgot to go get it before the customer turned up. His solution? Drink booze and hope the guy goes away...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I remember once my boss had promised some customer a computer part. Forgot to go get it before the customer turned up. His solution? Drink booze and hope the guy goes away...
There ya go...Drink away your problems Haha

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
What's up PP.
So I noticed an oil leak from my '97 Base a few days ago. I took it to my shop this morning to find out that the 'o-ring' from the oil filter housing was bad. My mechanic sais he doesn't have any in stock so I call the local Honda Dealership in Brooklyn. The sales representative sais " Nope sorry, we don't have any in stock. Try a different dealership"
So I called another dealership and guess what?? They didn't have one in stock either. My mechanic ended up finding one that looked similar to the one that goes on the car but tells me to order one from Honda just to be on the safe side. (which I was going to do anyways)
Okay here comes the good part.....I take my car off the lift, pay the mechanic and drive to the 1st Honda Dealership I called due to it being really close to where I live. I ask the guy to order me 2 o-rings and he turns around and sais to me " Give me a second and i'll check the back to see if we have any because the computer is showing we're out of stock." A few moments go by and guess what...HE COMES OUT WITH THEM!!! I start fuming by telling them I just called them 30 mins ago while my car was on the lift and they said they were out of stock....the guy sitting down next to the one helping me sais "Ooh that was me you talked to...Sorry I guess I looked up the wrong thing"
I buy the o-rings, go BACK to my mechanic and installs it. No more Oil leak.

Sorry for such the long post but I had to get that off my
chest....Damn do I hate dealing with STEALERSHIPS!!!!!
:bsflag:

you called guy A, he checked the computer, the computer said he was out of stock, and he told you he was out of stock.

you went to guy B, he checked the computer, the computer said he was out of stock, he went back to verify that he was out of stock ("two calls in a day? we should stock that part") and he finds the part you are looking for, that his computer doesn't think he has. guy A mistakenly admits to looking up the wrong thing, when, in fact he looked up the right thing, and the computer was wrong.

and you want to crawl up his ass for it?

random phone calls for one part are typically people price shopping.....compared to people standing in front of me, they are back burner, at best. i'l answer the question as quickly and accurately as possible, but i'm not hunting down inventory problems when I have techs and waiting customers at both of my counters, and two body shops on hold.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Took my dealership a month to get my part. I called a week after ordering and they supposedly had it. Got there said they couldnt find it. Went back next week and still couldnt find it. Week after that go, and turns out it was never there. Week after that it arrived and forced the person who answered to hold it in his hand.

About damn time.

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,260 Posts
Stealerships... they're all the same. I had to call 3 of them to get my EGR port plugs... one guy said that "you're not supposed to remove those plugs, if you drill into them you just bought an intake manifold!". Another one said "Oh you don't remove those, you pull the whole intake off. We'll do it for $XXX.XX!". The last guy knew exactly what i was talking about and found a bag of them in 5 minutes.

This is why i thank my lucky stars that one of my best friends works at a Honda dealership.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I must say Honda's parts cataloging sucks. But it is still no excuse for lazy incompetent people. Luckily I too have an "in" at the dealership ;)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I must say Honda's parts cataloging sucks. But it is still no excuse for lazy incompetent people. Luckily I too have an "in" at the dealership ;)
Your dealership is the only one I like. They know what I'm talking about and need pretty much all the time and if they don't they verify it just to make sure. Not all dealerships are the same.

·
Banned
1,001 Posts
Ever been in a Dealership Parts Dept for 5min? Its enough to consider letting an SUV roll over your head.
/done

1 - 20 of 26 Posts