Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok just bought another prelude 90 mod and am going to go all out on it, some reason i just love this car. ok first thing is first whats the biggest motor i can put in this puppy? i have body kit, paint,stereo,mags all sorted but not sure what motor to drop in it o yeah and im thinking of putting lambo doors on it. I think it will look ok being lowered and having body kit on it but just wanted to get a feel of what you all think.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I want to get them for mine so if you do it do a wright up
welcome to the site Make sure you search alot of people are going to tell you to

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I want to get them for mine so if you do it do a wright up
welcome to the site Make sure you search alot of people are going to tell you to
check red rains build thread.
he has a write up in there on how to do it.
seems pretty simple.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Get them if you want them. It's up to you really. Just pay attention to any potential downfalls. I'd get them for my car, but I cant afford so much as new rims, much less lambo door-thingies.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
if u like them get them what the question ? are you buying them for us ?

btw i got fired of pulling mines up and down after 2 months and sold them

·
BAN ALL MODS!!!
2,149 Posts
check red rains build thread.
he has a write up in there on how to do it.
seems pretty simple.
Its not as simple as you think. Red rain has an extensive background in fab. He pretty much made those hinges work. OP you really need to read the FAQ sticky as it will answer any questions you have before you even get started. From what motors you can actually swap to the car, to turbo, to pretty much everything. Read that first.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
If you get them I'd say you should get the kit that will allow you to open the doors the regular way or lift them.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
If you get them I'd say you should get the kit that will allow you to open the doors the regular way or lift them.
x2.
nobody wants to show off all the time.

i didnt know they made those, i might get some now.
:D

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
also pay attention to the angle some don't go as high up as others. you might end up ducking out lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheer's

Thanks heaps for the input guy/gals i will take a look at those write up and might even have alook for those lambo/normal door hinges.
Once again thats for all your input very helpful

·
Premium Member
16,788 Posts
Please read the FAQ's, we have extensive informtion on our ludes on this site, and even more things than you probably even thought of. Start there and then if you need more answers then post up.

But to answer the biggest motor question, we have the H22 motor and tranny swap, which is the biggest motor that is doable to date, technically there was V6 RWD done by member psychoboy, but his was all custom.

As for the lambo doors question, they do look good on our cars, but the sacrifice to live with them on a daily driver is not very comfortable. 1st off our doors are hella heavy and sway pretty bad so that means harsh flex on the brackets and the frame which can rip off.
2nd you have too lean way back everytime to clear your door to get in.
3rd, unless you have good fabrications skills, making this kit durable is not going to be easy or cheap.

But if you like them enough to make those sacrifices, then enjoy, but just know that even the bolt on kits you have to cut the frame to bolt them in properly.

Welcome to Fantasy Island!!!!!!:smile:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Im saying nay. looks kinda dumb on our cars and would be a pain in the ass if they broke

·
blubyu
390 Posts
nay on the doors, but there are plenty of motor swap we can do. Hp and looks cost money how much you wanna spend. As for swaps avalible there are people on the site that have done b16,h22,b20b and frankinstein. IMO If you want all out glory and not afraid to spend time and lots of money k20 swap.

·
Registered
462 Posts
If you like them, go for it! I like them on certain cars, others not so much. I did it and it was easy. Ebay 88-00 Civic hinges. Ill try to get pics of where you have to cut and reweld. But all together with cutting and welding the hinges, then unbolting your fender, unbolt the stock hinges, then bolt on the lambos, bolt back on the fenders... your looking at 6 hours...

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Do what you want, it's your car, you are the one that has to live with it.

Here's the thread about Red Rain doing the Lambo doors. I think he ending up taking them off. Can't remember for sure.
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268205

I thought they looked pretty cool, just not my style.

H22A is the only engine for me!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts